Failed to mount the directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Devices Failed to mount the directory

Up until about a week or so ago the MS ran perfectly, I could open files on my external hard drives through the network, as I have about 5 external HDD connected to my computer that will not fit under the TV. Now it works great when I hook them up to a usb 3.0 extension cable and run them straight to the MS, but I work on my computer a lot so I like to play TV shows/movies on the external HDD while I work on my computer so that means that is out of the question for now as those drives are being used while working on the PC

I have followed some instructions I found here by using the command prompt to add SMBv1 to the registry, but if it was working fine before why do I need to do this? Looking at the windows network map it does not even see the MS anymore and they are both connected to the same router and both connected by ethernet cables. I am at a loss to what happened here. If someone has any ideas on what could fix it I am all ears.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit

This issue has been resolved, the only thing that seemed to fix it is turning off password protection for file sharing, even though it worked fine before. Would like to also add I rebooted the router through the web-based setup, maybe it helped maybe it didn't I can't be certain.
    Last edited by Annihilata; 04-13-2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and update.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X