Hardware issue: Unit will not power on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware issue: Unit will not power on!

I am not sure if it is the power cord itself, or the unit Power Supply, but my unit will *not* power on. When I reached out to support,
    he reply I got from Ashley Liu was

"Is it suddenly unable to power on?

Please refresh the firmware manually and see the result again, thanks!

This isn't reasonable or acceptable. If I can't power the unit on, how can I apply firmware updates? Why are we looking at software solutions to a hardware problem?

Is there anyone on the DVDFab team that can help me address this issue, it has been several days, I have a $300 paperweight at this point.

This might sound like a stupid question but did you make sure the power switch is on? Someone else had that problem and didn't know there was a switch on the back to turn it on.

Comment

Please take the following steps to help isolate the problem:
      • Remove the power supply unit from the AC outlet, and plug in another device (like a lamp) and make sure the outlet is "hot"
      • If yes, remove the cord from the back of the DMS and measure the DC voltage present at the tip when the supply module is plugged into the AC power, you should see 12 volts DC
      • If you have no voltage, or less than 12v, or have no way to measure it, you can substitute another 12v DC power pack that is capable of supplying 12v DC at 2 amps with the 2.5mm center connected to the positive voltage.

Please describe your findings, if the pack is bad it can be replaced.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals, using a power cable from a different device works, and now the unit powers on. I would like to replace the cord, how to I RMA this to get a replacement?

Comment

Hi XL,
          I will send you the information in a PM. Sorry for the problem.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals. Please send me the info

Comment

Sorry for the problem, watch your forum PM inbox.

Comment

Working...
              X