huge flaw in 1020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huge flaw in 1020

After trying to sort out everything again using 1020, it appears to have a huge problem. When trying to access my movies on Media player (hardware) everything appears to be perfect But when I access TV series it goes absolutely stupid. I've spent 4 days on an of trying to access the episodes on several TV series. every time our little circle rotates for 45 min. before I cancel the process. Each Time I cancel I get a popup box saying a new movie(s) or TV show(s) found do you wish to add it to your library. (yes or no selection). I've been saying yes each time, but found no evidence that anything was added.

It is after 2 am here in Australia and at long last I'm able to see the episodes. Frontier has 2 seasons of 6 episodes. I have 6 episodes in season 1 and 11 episodes in season 2. The Bridge has a total of 4 seasons over 2 posters. 1 poster has season 3 and 4. Season 3 has 10 episodes (correct), Season 4 has 8 episodes, but there is 36 under it. 2nd poster has Season 1 and 2 all episodes are correct.
    Last edited by ejm; 04-18-2018, 05:11 PM.
    Viking lost down under

I also thought I would mention that for the past 5 days I've had 2 videos (movies) with a rotating circle on web page. Both of these meta data was edited and had no problem finding the poster. 1 has had this problem since I put it on, the other has never had a problem before.
    Viking lost down under

Comment

I just wish they would get rid of the cloud full stop and go back to local as 1010 everything was perfect and in order on mine, everytime ive tried to go higher than 1010 my tv series have never been correct with things all over the place etc etc, as soon as I go back to 1010 everything is just as it should be, now if they could get all the good bits from 1010 and add the best from the updated firmwares like the sony atmos sound issue fix then it would be a player worth using.

The cloud seems to have so many issues and IMHO just is not as user freindly as the local setup.

At least we should have the option to choose between cloud or local and not be pushed into something that either the user doesnt want or need!!!!!

Comment

I'm just guessing but that sounds like "file system latency" and/or "timeouts on task request". The file system on android just from poking around is deep, meaning nested directories on top of nested directories. Image caching for the poster wall should be closer to the root of the SD card in my estimation, with the necessary path and/or environment variables that point to those resources that the DMS interface needs rather that having drill down through a bunch nested directories. Put that in combination with cloud services and network latency and you wind up an OS that is saturated.

If I'm wrong about that I'm sure someone will let me know!

Comment

Further checking shows that all the videos (TV shows) that I made meta data changes to, do not exist on media player (hardware). Eg. The Terror, I edited 9 episodes and they are missing and Threshold I edited 3, these are missing.

Further to above:
          The Killing has 46 episodes in Season 3 and there should only be 10.

While I was writing this, the media player (hardware) decided to re-boot by it self. This is not the first time this has happened during the past 5 days.
          Viking lost down under

Comment

They need to go back to local control but keep the other improvements. Something isn't being revealed to users in so far as the necessity for cloud services. There are to many points of failure that can trip up this configuration between a users device and the cloud service. Maybe the device is under powered for what is being tasked to do?

Comment

As posted in previous post, I normally have about 6 videos left after editing the meta data (on web page). I just checked videos on media player (/hardware) and found that it showed some episodes belonging to TV series already found but missing episodes.

Also I found lots of episodes from TV series that it has not been able to find before. Unfortunately, that is useless as nothing can be done about it, as all meta data editing can only be done on the web page.

There seems to be a pattern in the excess of episodes in eg. The bridge:

episode total episodes
              episode 1 = 1
              episode 2 = 2
              episode 3 = 3
              episode 4 = 4
              episode 5 = 5
              episode 6 = 6
              episode 7 = 7
              episode 8 = 8
              The killing
              episode 1 = 1
              episode 2 = 1
              episode 3 = 2
              episode 4 = 3
              etc

I'm tempted to re make data base but I'll wait for signals to respond to this lengthy post.
              Last edited by ejm; 04-18-2018, 11:55 PM.
              Viking lost down under

Comment

I see that you can make 3 improvements with your firmware.

1. hardware setting:
                settings/general/systems maintenance/remigrate data from version 1010. You should add a prompt (yes or no). I went and clicked on it to see if there was any other tick boxes. It automatically started to change the data base. It did not revert anything back to 1010 as a lot of my files were correct under 1010. They remain the same as before.

2. On web page most of these TV series have the correct amount of episodes. eg above examples have the correct amount of episodes on web page. Both web page and media player (hardware) should reflect each other. Some how this should be corrected in next firmware update.

3. Movies under classification videos should be able to be edited for name and poster, but this is not possible on 1020 as they will not take. Previously we were able to manually select this info and it was automatically transferred to movies (1010 I believe). I can't remember if it was possible under other previous firmware's.
                Viking lost down under

Comment

The re boot last night was a systems auto re boot, did not realize that until today.
                  Viking lost down under

Comment

A new version will be out before this weekend, and it should fix most problems of v1020, sorry for the trouble.
                    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thanks m8, just thought I would give you info on problems presently associated with 1020 and some previous updates.
                      Viking lost down under

Comment

Can we go from 1010 straight to the new firmware? Or do we have to do it incrementally?

Comment

as far as I know, NO, but admin should know or maybe dvdfab architect
                          Viking lost down under

Comment

You can go straight to v1020 (or the new) from v1010 or earlier or later. I have done it without issues. In some cases, an additional (manual) reboot is necessary after the updater reboots.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals, I'll revert back to 1010 tonight that should make it ready for new firmware.
                              Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
                              X