Back to 1010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to 1010

Can someone explain to me in plain English, how to revert to1010 from 1020.

Put the v1010 update package in the root directory of a USB jumpdrive. Rename the file update.zip then plug it into the DMS USB jack. Go to Settings->About on the DMS and select USB Update. It should find the file and update, followed by a restart. You may want to wait, there will be an update in a day or two that may fix some of the problems you are fleeing.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Tried that, all I get is the message," no update package".

Comment

This is the link I was sent, good luck. If it works for you, please let me know exactly how you did it. https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl-dvdfab/download/update1010.zip

Comment

Just do exactly like Signals laid out in his post above. Just rename it by taking the 1010 off, it should only be called update. It has to be on the root of the flash drive, not in a folder. I've done it many times.

Comment

Download the zip file to your PC. Format a memory stick as FAT32 (I had been using a stick formatted as extFAT and it can be read, but will fail the install). Rename the zip file to update.zip. Check your spelling and use lower case. Copy the update.zip file to the stick. EJECT the stick by opening "My Computer", right-click on the stick and select Eject. Do Not just pull it out. Plug the stick into the USB v2.0 slot (white jack, not blue). When you get a screen message "USB device detected", select Cancel. Goto Settings/About/USB Update. Select the memory stick (sdb1).

When you restart, I found that everything (media, posters, metadata, custom info....) was all just as I had left it before upgrading. Just a bit of tweaking and it was up and running in no time at all.

Comment

V1010 is the only version worthwhile. I wish they would just improve on it's features and stability and give us all a break.

Comment

In all honesty V1020 is really good apart from saving everything to the Cloud which I think is the most important part to get it working better. Just change it so that it saves locally please DVDfab and no more Cloud saving. I can't find around seven films on V1020, but they are there but doesn't list them and when I try to fix metadata it finds the relevant information but doesn't update it

Comment

Originally posted by carlcall View Post
                  In all honesty V1020 is really good apart from saving everything to the Cloud which I think is the most important part to get it working better. Just change it so that it saves locally please DVDfab and no more Cloud saving. I can't find around seven films on V1020, but they are there but doesn't list them and when I try to fix metadata it finds the relevant information but doesn't update it
                  hi,

Please PM me your email of account, I will check your problem, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X