Think I'm done, whats everyone else using instead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'm done, whats everyone else using instead

Well its been what over 9 months and we still have a broken product, in that time I have personally:
    1) Built 4 Custom Enterprise Data Warehouses for very big customers
    2) Written 6 custom Cubes for analysis
    3) Written a dynamic data loader to shuffle data from a clients site into Azure
    4) Written a custom code scripter to automate future client configurations
    5) Countless meetings, revisions etc.

All told nearly 2000 hours of development, I am just ONE person, and yet I still have a broken useless product sitting on a shelf..... I can not conceive of how revisions take months or even weeks to get done, at this point I am going to believe it is hardware issues they are battling and that will ever keep my 4k library I was told I could build and use to ever be functional.

I will continue to monitor in case hell freezes over but not going to hold my breath.It works great with dvd, ok with bluray but falls flat with 4K for me.

Thanks
    Raethien

If you're really done I will close your thread. Try the v1030 release if you haven't. It is getting better. We won't be discussing other products here.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I believe iIt's been over a year since I received the original product, it has yet from day one done what it was promised to do, Tell me why you shouldn't be refunding our money or giving us a product credit of some kind and canceling it?

Yes 1030 is a little bit better in the content mapping than the last builds, but functionality it still is very broken in particular the 4k area.

For further clarification ontop of everything else I listed above I have supported everyone of my clients including recovering from a flood, a data center fire, etc. and I've done new product development

Something isn't right about how DVDFab is handling this product, there is absolutely no reason if you have even a small team of developers that every issue shouldn't be resolved even with turnover unless there is a flaw in the system that you are working around best you can.

I love the concept of the device hence I pre-ordered it and probably have an early device, if I could get playback equivalent to MediaPlayer I would be happy, all my content plays just fine with it that I have tested so far, but this product is half baked at best, and updates/fixes take months to fix, or more typically go in reverse. 1030 is the first step back towards right but even it doesn't get us back to day 1, oh where yes it was still broken.

I never expected it to be day one full ready, those days seem to be gone with products but they typically have a release once a month for a couple months to become stable, not a year.

Raethien

Comment

I agree with you. Something is amiss here. The other software products offered by DVDFab are excellent. The Movie Server has become a black eye.

I have two other media servers. I bought the DVDFab unit because I was a big fan of their other software and my original player was no longer being supported.

i bought another player after DVDFab continued to stub its toe with software that fell short of the advertised capabilities. My newest Movie Server works well and fulfills its commitments.

I keep hoping DVDFab can get it right but I’m less and less sure........

My 2 cents

Comment

I'm using my ms but am staying on v1010, it works fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Raethien View Post

Yes 1030 is a little bit better in the content mapping than the last builds, but functionality it still is very broken in particular the 4k area.

Raethien
            Yes, I know this problem, the developer are working for this, after this problem has been fixed, I will release new version. and about other problem all in the working.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Raethien View Post

Please try the V1031, and check the 4k playing problem, thanks

Dear DMS users: Thanks for the tests and feedback on v1030, now we are happy to present DMS v1031 Beta for you to help us test. Note: if you download this update

Comment

Working...
              X