Version 1.0.3.1 Scraper issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 1.0.3.1 Scraper issues

I have installed the latest version, when trying to correct movies directly through the server it erases the title and gives me blank info and generic poster. When I try to do it through the browser, the correct movie is shown in my choices, I select it, and it defaults to some stupid movie called "P" and will not change it.

When I access the server using my iPhone and the app, It displays the same thing.

The movies are correctly named and inside their own directory in the DVDFab/MOVIES/ directory. It is doing this for EVERY movie I try to correct. It is difficult to edit the movies in the server using the buttons and jumping from letter to letter, so I was trying to do it through the browser.

After it changes to "P" I can go in, but only directly on the DMS and select the correct movie and it will now apply the correct information and poster.

Originally posted by stitch0852 View Post
    I have installed the latest version, when trying to correct movies directly through the server it erases the title and gives me blank info and generic poster. When I try to do it through the browser, the correct movie is shown in my choices, I select it, and it defaults to some stupid movie called "P" and will not change it.

After it changes to "P" I can go in, but only directly on the DMS and select the correct movie and it will now apply the correct information and poster.
    the problem of Movie be scraped into "P" has been fixed, but for the error result, please using "Edit Metadata" to modify it, sorry for this problem.

The movies are correctly named and inside their own directory in the DVDFab/MOVIES/ directory. It is doing this for EVERY movie I try to correct. It is difficult to edit the movies in the server using the buttons and jumping from letter to letter, so I was trying to do it through the browser.
    Yes, I know it, so the better local web is very important for next step work.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

the problem of Movie be scraped into "P" has been fixed, but for the error result, please using "Edit Metadata" to modify it, sorry for this problem.

Yes, I know it, so the better local web is very important for next step work.

Nope, not fixed. Have "My Friend Flicka" 1943 version. I edited, selected the correct version, *using the DMS and TV screen." I get blank poster and nothing in the title.

So I used the computer, I select the now blank poster and type in the correct movie. I select the correct movie from the choices shown. It tells me it is updating the Metadata. It finished and the movie it shows me? If you guessed "P" you would be right. Happened moments ago. The web browser version and the DMS version WILL NOT correct the movie the the one I selected from the choices.

Comment

I emptied my browser history and then reloaded the server. I have multiple "P" movies. I tried to edit several, all default back to "P". None will change. On a side note, on a lark, I selected an entirely different movie. It updated to that movie. When I tried to edit from that movie to the correct one.....if you guessed "P", you are correct.

Comment

thanks report, I need more information to correct this problem, please check your PM.

Comment

I had the same problem under 1021 I believe, I ended up doing a factory reset followed by rebuild data base. That fixed it for me.
            Viking lost down under

Comment

Both of the servers are doing it. The new one received this week and the one I have had a year. I edited them on the new server yesterday morning. Today, through the web editor, "P" for four movies. How can I change the scraper? Maybe using something different will stop it.

Comment

M8 your lucky. you only had M. First time I had it, I had at least 6 letters of the alphabet and I was stupid enough to manually scrape all of them. If I remember right it took me the whole weekend to correct them. Not funny at the time, but looking back at it now I'm ROFLOL.
                Viking lost down under

Comment

Okay, so I got updated somehow. Either it forced it, or someone in the house hit accept. Which is annoying, I had no interest at ALL in 1030, with all of the problems I've had. Fine. It did a halfway decent job, getting some 700 of my well over 1000 movies and TV shows. But …
                  When I edit a TV show in the browser version (slow, annoying, and really not worth using), it tends to work and update.
                  When I edit a movie, it says "media refreshed" and doesn't change anything.
                  This has to be fixed, I can't live with this anymore. One last chance, then I toss it and go with something that works. This isn't some sort of game, its SUPPOSED to be a consumer device. NOBODY will put up with this nonsense.

Comment

Just go back to v1010 like I did

Comment

My original server appears to be okay, for now, but my new server still shows movies (four right now) as P and I have been fighting this for a couple weeks now. Anyone going to fix or tell me what I need to do to fix?

Comment

Scratch that, original server also now showing 4 "P" movies instead of the correct movie, movie title, and poster.

Comment

I guess these fall under scraper issues.

1. I have 3 movies that keep getting dumped in https://dms.dvdfab.cn folder. If I try to fix the match, I find the appropriate match, the server does some work, and then returns the entry right back to the Videos folder. I suspect that this may be an issue of locked records in the library database, that are preventing the library from being updated correctly. Maybe a Force Update button could trigger an unlock of related records prior to attempting an update. I suspect the save button simply triggers a series of SQL update statements to update the records with the current data in the form.

2. I guess this one is an enhancement request of sorts. I have a movie that is not on https://www.themoviedb.org. So I can see why it won't match. I think there should be a way to force edits to the library database. Such as what type of record. Meaning if the FilmID is in a table of videos, then we should be able to remove the FilmID from the Videos table and insert into the movies or TVShows table.

3. I have a TV Show where each episode is a single iso file. Which by the way is how I do all of my TV Shows. For some reason, BSG scraped into the Movies table. So I now have 13 Battlestar movies. I cannot see a way to force them into the TVShows table. Perhaps if we were given a complete list of valid tags for the $file.iso.meta file maybe it would be possible to create a utility to force an update based on the specified metafile into the library. maybe there is a tag like...
                          <tmdburl>https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1972-battlestar-galactica/season/1/episode/3?language=en-US</tmdburl>
                          maybe a meta tag like that could direct the scraper to exactly where to pull data from.

I have tried to write a scraper like this before using Perl, Oracle, and www.imdb.com. It was quite challenging and I got a lot of bad data loaded into the database. Correcting bad data loads in a relational database is really tricky due to referential integrity which places locks on records to prevent orphan data. I don't know if the library is in a normalized database or not. Just saying I understand the challenges based on past experience. I should say my project never really made it out of alpha testing.

Anyway, Sorry for the long post. Hope there is some value in it.
                          Thanks

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by heami07@gmail.com View Post

Anyway, Sorry for the long post. Hope there is some value in it.
                            heami07@gmail.com........there is some good meat in that post and don't think it is long at all, personally see a lot of value in it, if you get it. Thanks for sharing/reporting on good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by heami07@gmail.com View Post
                              I guess these fall under scraper issues.

1. I have 3 movies that keep getting dumped in https://dms.dvdfab.cn folder. If I try to fix the match, I find the appropriate match, the server does some work, and then returns the entry right back to the Videos folder. I suspect that this may be an issue of locked records in the library database, that are preventing the library from being updated correctly. Maybe a Force Update button could trigger an unlock of related records prior to attempting an update. I suspect the save button simply triggers a series of SQL update statements to update the records with the current data in the form.
                              About this problem, I need more information to check it

1. Please tell me the 3 movie name
                              2. Please pm your email of account to me

3. I have a TV Show where each episode is a single iso file. Which by the way is how I do all of my TV Shows. For some reason, BSG scraped into the Movies table. So I now have 13 Battlestar movies. I cannot see a way to force them into the TVShows table. ....maybe a meta tag like that could direct the scraper to exactly where to pull data from.
                              In next version of DMS, We will provide the function of fix TV series metadata, I think which maybe can fix this problem .

2. I guess this one is an enhancement request of sorts. I ha ... table and insert into the movies or TVShows table

I have tried to write a scraper like this before using Perl, Oracle, and www.imdb.com. ..... I should say my project never really made it out of alpha testing.
                              We are working for provide more function and tools to help user to edit and enhance the metadata library, which include the doc of API and the opensource project of local Web app first.

The more opensource project also in the planing, hope this can help our user control the media library and more happy for it.

Thanks for your reporting and good advice again.

Comment

Working...
                              X