Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMS v1.0.3.5 Beta is out! Please try it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Movie Server Team DMS v1.0.3.5 Beta is out! Please try it.

Dear DMS users:

We are happy to present DMS v1035 Beta for you to help us test and evaluate

Note:
    To install this Beta, please download the update file below and use USB Update to install, following the steps below.

1. The download information:

MD5: 9BFDCEA50B48D48FF9A18D9001F05428
    SHA1: AC57178384D6EADADAABF65A956820CF34FE77A7
    CRC32: 1F67500F

This version needs to updated by USB, below is the guide for how to update by USB:
    How to manually flash the firmware of DVDFab Movie Server?

Step 1 > Download the firmware, rename it to update.zip, then copy it to the root directory of any USB flash drive;
    Step 2 > Connect the drive to Movie Server, and go to Settings -> About -> USB Update;
    Step 3 > Choose the drive, then you will see Android robot showing up in the display, wait until the firmware is flashed;
    Step 4 > Once the firmware is flashed, you can then use the Movie Server again.

2. Major Feature Changes

2.1.An in-app (local) function for repairing / correcting metadata of TV series
    2.2 Control for collections, include move, edit actions
    2.3.Repair the slow opening TV shows
    2.4 Repair missing menu mode for TV shows when the source is ISO or Folder file
    2.5 Repair active failed in some case
    2.6 Repair scraped failed in some case
    2.7 Other minor changes

3. Known issues

3.1.When DMS are do the scrape locally and write the data to the database, Opening the Movie or TV maybe very slow, need wait some time
    3.2 Some playback problems as reported in forum

4. About Next version

1. Local (html) manager and the Open API documents
    2. Some playing problem which reported in forum

Thanks for the continued support of the DMS and the valuable feedback.
    Last edited by ting; 08-04-2018, 02:38 AM.

Sounds good Ting and just in time for the weekend to dig deep into using and trying it. Thanks for the update and will get back soon after install and working with it.

Comment

Thanks D2E, feedback continues to be very important.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, Just installed 1035 and the update went seamlessly. I was easily able to move my XMEN Wolverine into the XMEN collection. Is there a way to change the poster for a Collection? Once I added Wolverine into the XMEN collection, the collection chose Wolverine as the poster for the whole collection. I'd like to choose something more generic to the XMEN movies. This now makes it look like the collection is more about Wolverine than the XMEN. Thanks.
        Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by JimS View Post
          Hi, Just installed 1035 and the update went seamlessly. I was easily able to move my XMEN Wolverine into the XMEN collection. Is there a way to change the poster for a Collection? Once I added Wolverine into the XMEN collection, the collection chose Wolverine as the poster for the whole collection. I'd like to choose something more generic to the XMEN movies. This now makes it look like the collection is more about Wolverine than the XMEN. Thanks.
          Jim S, Did you have to use the MS to change the collection? I cannot figure out how to do it from the Web Browser?
          Thanks

Comment

Hunter1955, Yes, I used the media server. It's pretty easy. Hit the menu button on the remote while you're in the collection. It will open a keyboard. Just type the first couple of letters of the title you want to include in the collection and all of the movies beginning with that name appear. Click on the movie you want to be in the collection and it's done. The one thing I'm not crazy about is that it chose the poster of the last member of the collection as the poster for the whole collection. Would like to be able to change that.
            Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Hunter1955, Yes, I used the media server. It's pretty easy. Hit the menu button on the remote while you're in the collection. It will open a keyboard. Just type the first couple of letters of the title you want to include in the collection and all of the movies beginning with that name appear. Click on the movie you want to be in the collection and it's done. The one thing I'm not crazy about is that it chose the poster of the last member of the collection as the poster for the whole collection. Would like to be able to change that.
              Hi Jim, Thanks. The edit did work from the MS for me as well. I wish it could be done from the Web Browser as it's much quicker. Hopefully with the next version we will go back to local
              connection and that will be back,
              Have you figured out how to create a collection? I'm missing something.

Comment

Is there a way to change the poster for a Collection? Once I added Wolverine into the XMEN collection, the collection chose Wolverine as the poster for the whole collection. I'd like to choose something more generic to the XMEN movies. This now makes it look like the collection is more about Wolverine than the XMEN. Thanks.
                I think this operation is not easy in DMS, so I will add this function in the Web in the future.

This feature is not provided in DMS, which also will be provided in Web, both local and Remote.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
                  Sounds good Ting and just in time for the weekend to dig deep into using and trying it. Thanks for the update and will get back soon after install and working with it.
                  Thanks, Hope for your feedback.

Comment

This feature is not provided in DMS, which also will be provided in Web, both local and Remote.

Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Ting.... The description you gave in section 2.2 with this version said create for collections was available.
                    I thought I was missing something
                    I'll wait. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post

Thanks.
                      Ting.... The description you gave in section 2.2 with this version said create for collections was available.
                      I thought I was missing something
                      I'll wait. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry for this mistake, Because create collection is a little complex, so I will add this in the local WebApp.

Thanks

Comment

To Ting: Can you bring fact the http://YourMovieServerIPAddress:32080/mediashow.html function and give users a choice between using this or the cloud?

Comment

Originally posted by defiantxab View Post
                          To Ting: Can you bring fact the http://YourMovieServerIPAddress:32080/mediashow.html function and give users a choice between using this or the cloud?
                          hi,

This function will be back soon.

Thanks.

Comment

I've gotten the latest beta realize loaded to my MS (1.0.3.5). That took a few tries. Apparently MS doesn't support USB drives formatted with exFat. I believe I'd asked about that before and was told that it did. The update worked perfectly as soon as I reformatted to Fat32.

I'm still having problems with getting all of my files recognized even with this latest release. Mostly it's TV shows but I'm still having problems with a few movies.

The TV shows: Greatest American Hero, Trigun, Grimm, Star Trek (original), Star Trek Enterprise, Aeon Flux, Star Trek TNG, Eureka Seven and Doctor Who (2 specials)
                            Movies: The Story fo the Weeping Camel, Shaolin Soccer and probably My Neighbor Totoro (I'm having problems pulling up from any searches.

Greatest American Hero is 2 iso files and Aeon Flux may be an issue with seasons and episode names. I've got the complete collection but I've only identified 10 episodes which sounds like season 03.

Comment

I updated a new movie server from fresh out of the box ver ? to the new (1.0.3.0) and all my posters for movies are mostly gone, few left. When I log into my account on line all the posters show up for the movies I have loaded. I just upgraded to ver (1.0.3.5) I hope of it solving my poster problem, no luck. I see what each movie is called on the movie server (local) but the poster does not show up, again I see it on line.
                              How do I get the movie server to show the posters?

Comment

Working...
                              X