The good and not so good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good and not so good

Flashed 1031 to 1035 Beta. The update went smoothly. No long scrape times or problems logging in like the update to 1031.

Good stuff:

As far as I can see, the update did not break anything that worked in 1031. I hope this is indicative of more thorough testing being done before release

Scarping looked just as good as 1031. Items corrected under 1031 stayed corrected. Two items with no posters (tv show pilots) stayed blank

Used the new update ability for TV show built into DMS itself. This went smoothly and the two pilots shows were attached to the correct posters This ability is, like it's movie equivalent from 1031, wonderful. Definitely the right way to go. I much prefer correcting problems locally than going to a computer and logging into a WEB page to do it (Particularly when WEB page has never ever worked for me). I am also happy to see that the editing function allowed me to assign pilot episodes to "season 0".

The ability to run TV shows in menu mode is back! This is great as my tv show collection was completely unusable under 1031.

I noticed that you have changed the name field for actors in the movie section so that the name scrolls. This is a nice improvement.

Not so good stuff:

The two tv show pilots that had to be manually updated were successfully added to Season 0, however, they appear to be "stuck" at episode 0. No amount of editing will allow me to assign them to a different episode number. Because of this, the pilots show under season 0 but as episode 0 without any any video capture attached. In the movie database, many pilot shows are under season 0 episode 1. I have not tried to correct this via the WEB page yet.

The ability to select and bring up the full movie description instead of just what fits on the initial screen was a great addition in 1031. This ability has not been extended to tv shows. It would certainly be nice if one could see the whole summary and the actor listing like with movies.

The title displayed for multi-episode tv shows under 1010 was something like "Disk1: E01-04: Episode 1 title", for example. Under 1035, the title is now "E01: Episode 1 title". While I could live with the disk number not showing anymore, I kind of miss having the both the first and last episode numbers showing in the title.This is a minor annoyance, but I sure would like to see it come back again.

That's all for now. Overall I think 1035 is a good step in the right direction. Hope this trend continues!

Thanks for the great feedback, this is exactly what the developers need to continue this string of improvement.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

A correction:

On the TV show main screen (where it shows the seasons), you can select the summary of the show and hit okay to see the entire summary and actor list, just like in movies. However, that feature does not work on the episode list....

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
        The two tv show pilots that had to be manually updated were successfully added to Season 0, however, they appear to be "stuck" at episode 0. No amount of editing will allow me to assign them to a different episode number. Because of this, the pilots show under season 0 but as episode 0 without any any video capture attached. In the movie database, many pilot shows are under season 0 episode 1. I have not tried to correct this via the WEB page yet.
        I have some problem of special TV shows like season 0, pilot episodes case to our TODO list, hope can fix it in the future version.

Thanks for the feedback again, We are keep working for more better product.

Comment

Working...
        X