Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking Invisible Files and incorrect DIR Listings

Two strange things:.
    1: If I compare my USB movie drive (connected to my PC) to the movies on DMS, some files seem to be missing on DMS. If I try to copy them to DMS, Explorer notifies me, the files already exist. If I select to replace the files, the files are copied to DMS, but still don't appear in Explorer.
    2. If I open a CMD Window and enter DIR \\ANDROID_272410\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab\Movies\ar *.m*, the result isn't Arac Attack, Arachnophobia, Armageddon... Instead it lists Asterix, Affe im Menschen, Augenblick Liebe which do not start with "ar". I have restarted DMS and my PC, the errors still occur.

Wndows 10, FreeCommander, Windows Explorer, DMS 1.0.3.5 beta, WD Red 8 TB, no WLAN.
    Attached Files

If I enter "\\ANDROID_272410\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab\Movies\S upervulkan.mkv" in the CMD Window (or Windows Button+R), the movie plays. I'm able to ff till the end, so it must be complete.

Comment

Flortz,
      Not sure if this applies to you or not.
      I have a USB disk attached to my DMS as well as an internal drive. I have had files created by DVDFab copied to the DMS USB drive instead of the internal drive. Not sure why but it happens on rare occasions. I now leave the USB drive turned off as it's for backing up the DMS files.

Comment

How is this drive formatted (i.e. what file system)?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'll get a Docking Station tomorrow and will check the drive with my PC. I'm quite sure it's NTFS, tomorrow I'll know for sure.

Comment

It was EXT4. I'll reformat with NTFS and reload all movies.

Comment

Signals, I have reformated the drive with NTFS and copied all movies with my docking station. I still have the same Problems.4 mkv files are invisible but existant on \\ANDROID_272410\share\sata\sata2\Movies and DIR ar*.mkv still lists
              Asterix, Affe im Menschen, Augenblick Liebe which do not start with "ar" instead of Arachnophobia, Arac Attack and so on.

Comment

I got rid of this tiny partition Windows creates, when partitioning the drive. So the path now is again sata1 instead of sata2. The complete path is now:
                \\ANDROID_272410\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab with subfolders "Movies", "TV Shows" and "Videos". The problems still persist.

Comment

I have noticed the same type of issue so will post here and not start a new thread. Using 6TB NTFS format HDD internal on MS from the beginning. Files ripped with DVDFab (various versions). Some folders are hidden by MS. For instance, a PBS series "The West" (really a movie miniseries) if in Movies is hidden, but is visible in TV Shows. Hidden means it cannot be found using Windows Explorer via the local network to view the HDD. If the HDD is removed and viewed in a dock, the Folder is visible and no attributes are set to hide the folder. Thus we know the folder exists on the HDD. In MS, the folder is not shown under Movies. The only way I can locate the folder and files on MS is select Main Menu - Videos - Media - DVDFab - Movies. The folder is now shown. Without knowing the usage of all the fields in the database, I surmise a value is being set in the database which hides the folder if there has been a scraping error. I have too many of these files to manually relocate them. It seems to be related to MS organization. For instance, If MS scraping considers a file a TV Show and I consider it a Movie, if I save it under "Movies", scraping fails and this problem of hidden file seems to show up. If I move the folder to TV Shows, it sometimes fixes the problem. But this manipulation requires removing the HDD as MS hides the folder. This is a serious problem I previously reported when MS refuses to allow the user to decide what is a movie. The problem seems compounded when the sources (ie The Movie Database) has a movie listed as both a movie and a TV show, such as Noble House.

Comment

Well, perhaps this is not related to the problem you are seeing, but let me throw this out...

When I transfer files to the MS using DVDFAB, I use the "Meta Information" part of DVDFAB to provide the correct naming and identification (the small "M" icon shown on the main screen after the disk is loaded). I name the files and select TV Show or Movie based on what The Movie DB shows. Sometimes TMDB shows a file as both and I have not had a problem choosing how I want it shown.in the MS this way.

Once transferred, 1 of 3 things happens:

1: The file is successfully scraped and I see it under either Movie or TV Show with the correct poster.

2: The file is incorrectly scraped. I see the file under one of the MS sections but with the wrong poster. When this happens I use the EDIT function in the MS itself to correct it. I have never been able to correct information using the WEB (cloud) interface.

3: The file is not scraped at all. In the past, files that failed to scrape would appear under DMS VIDEOS under the VIDEOS section. This sometimes took a few minutes before the file appeared. Once it appeared, I could edit it with the built in MS functions to the correct poster.

For the past few weeks (maybe a month), however, I have noted that when a file fails to scrape, it does not appear under DMS VIDEOS for quite some time. Essentially, the file is not visible except from my PC through the network interface or by walking down the file tree under VIDEOS. The file does not appear under DMS VIDEO from several hours to several days after the transfer. I don't understand why this is happening, and I hope the developers can resolve this issue soon.Note, I have also seen instances where a successfully scraped file did not appear for quite some time.Then suddenly one day the poster would pop up.

I could certainly be wrong, but perhaps this is what you are seeing? If not, sorry for the un-helpful post.

Comment

Any on topic posting is helpful. Between us we may figure out what is happening or how to work around it.

I don't think the problem is with DVDFab, as I have used the meta information to try to correct issues for scraping (multiple different versions of DVDFab). Doesn't seem to matter. I have also just ripped to an iso locally and then manually created a folder across the network and copied the iso. Same problems. The "at issue" movies do show up eventually under DMS Videos, but I can't always make the edit work - only sometimes. (I also cannot make the "cloud" version work.) Even if the MS edit seems to work and selects the correct poster, it may not show up if MS doesn't like the folder assigned. I have a problem with some movies such as "Noble House". It is listed on the movie databases as a movie and TV show. The TV show poster selection includes English Version. The Movie poster is only Hungarian (I think). This brings us back to the inability to control MS. I consider "Noble House" and other multi-episode movies as movies (although in truth a TV mini-series). It is not a TV series.

When the folder is hidden by MS, I can only see it as outlined above, from MS DMS Videos. What is strange is my inability to see the folder on my desktop using Windows Explorer. It acts as if the folder has the hidden/system attribute set, but it doesn't. Removing the HDD and directly accessing it from a dock shows everything is fine, visible and no attributes set incorrectly. Something in MS is blocking access to the folder, even for pass through network requests. I know the database has flags for scraping failure and hiding a failed movie. That is why sometimes a movie won't show up under Movies regardless of where it is physically stored. On the other hand, in the past, I have always been able to find the folder via my network access. I haven't fully analyzed the more recent versions of the database. I suspect MS is finding the fail flag and using it to restrict access except to MS edit. MS refuses any HDD access except DMS Videos (maybe intended to be a built in protection scheme against external alteration?).

Hopefully we will someday get an explanation of the database usage to help find or fix these problems. Returning to the local editor will be a big benefit.

Comment

Working...
                      X