No room on new 8 Tb HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No room on new 8 Tb HDD

I have a Mac. Never had a problem before. I'm on my second Hard Drive. No problems saving 4.51 Gb ISO files to server before I changed HDDs. I've reformated the drive again, installed the latest DVDFab software, but I still have the problem. Error says that I do no have room on the drive and to change or erase drive. Says I have 1 Gb of space. When I look at the data info for the HDD it says I have over 7 Terrabites of disc space available. How do I fix this? Tried resetting to factory settings, rebooting computer and Media Player.

try formatting your hard disc partitions
    Last edited by october262; 09-15-2018, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Do you mean that Mac OS reports it as 7TB? If so, DVDFab should be able to use it. If not, you need to change the partition probably. The Mac partition gadget can do that.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

No, the shared folder on the Mac desktop shows only 1 Gb. When I go into the MoviePlayer setup menu on my TV it shows 7.7 Tb. Reformatted the disc a second time. Replaced the HDD with a different new HDD and get the same result. How do I access the HDD with my Mac to re-partition the drive? I have no way to connect it drectly to the Mac.

Comment

Not sure about a Mac, but a windows PC would need to see it as something physically attached to the machine to be able to re-partitions the drive. Try following the instructions here http://osxdaily.com/2009/11/20/resiz...-disk-utility/ for advice on partitions on the MacOS. If that Mac utility can see networked drives you may be able to do it there, but I doubt it will. I think you will need to physically attach the drive to your Mac via a USB drive dock or something similar.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by kenc1949 View Post
            I have a Mac. Never had a problem before. I'm on my second Hard Drive. No problems saving 4.51 Gb ISO files to server before I changed HDDs. I've reformated the drive again, installed the latest DVDFab software, but I still have the problem. Error says that I do no have room on the drive and to change or erase drive. Says I have 1 Gb of space. When I look at the data info for the HDD it says I have over 7 Terrabites of disc space available. How do I fix this? Tried resetting to factory settings, rebooting computer and Media Player.
            Hi kenc1949,

Do you have problem with DVDFab Player or with Movie Server?

If you mean to save iso files to the internal drive in your Movie Server, you can try to open this path on your Mac "smb:\\Your Movie Server IP\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab", and then try to manually copy and save the iso file there to see if it will make a difference.

Comment

Why did the movie server become unusable simply because I inserted a new 8 Tb HDD? I went through the formatting process as requested, the movie server rebooted, and everything looked normal. My HDD shows 7.7 Tb space available but when I try to use DVDFab to send an ISO file to the server it tells me there is insufficient space. The shared folder on my desktop shows only 1.02 Gb. I successfully sent many files to the previous HDD until it was full. It should work with a newly formatted drive but doesn't. My warranty runs out in a couple of weeks. How do I go about getting the unit replaced? Thanks.

Comment

What is the format of your 8TB HDD?
                Do you have windows PC, please try to copy from DVDFab in Windows system to this HDD.
                Also, did try to manually copy files from Mac to "smb:\\Your Movie Server IP\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab" directly? Any error message?
                Please provide more information, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X