DMS and scraping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS and scraping

This version is a monumental disaster. After updating to 1036 I was expecting to see some changes, this did not occur on web page or DMS.
    I than did a data base re build. Web page stayed the same, but DMS was no show.
    I than did a update data base. Web page stayed the same, but DMS was no show.
    The proof of the pudding is to do this as if this is the first time it has been done.
    I than proceeded to do a factory reset. Now the result came up with NOTHING for web page and DMS.
    I than did a data base re build, the result came up with NOTHING for web page and DMS.
    I than did a update data base, the result came up with NOTHING for web page and DMS.

There is however 34 DMS videos on DMS.

I'll check to see if any of the results change over the next 2 hours. If none I'll do a factory reset over night.
    Viking lost down under

ejm,
    What do you mean by "...DMS was no show" ? This versions worked fine for me but I did not erase the library entries. If you do that it will take longer, since all titles will have to be scraped again.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

hi, ejm

I have known this problem, "Rebuild library" will cause the problem, which will be fixed in next version ASAP.

Thanks.

Comment

Checked factory reset this morning, 9 hours after it started. Zero results on DMS and web pages.
        Have just started a re build data base again. I can see the progress of scraping, but no results showing at all.

Yes I do know that it takes a long time to re build data base and factory reset, but I've always been able to see results coming as it progresses and change errors as they crop up.
        Viking lost down under

Comment

Having the same issue. Posting here so I can get a notification if there's a fix or the next release comes out. Thanks!

Comment

This failed as well. I checked other posts and found out that it would fail. At present I'm reverting to 1031.

When testing Beta versions you should always test them as if it is a brand new version, starting from scratch; this I did. With the results that I had, the only comment could be that it failed in all respects.
            As a stop measure using previous data I can see a couple of improvements, but not enough to write home about.
            Viking lost down under

Comment

hi, ejm

Please try to "rebuild library" again, current should be work now.

Thanks.

Comment

hi, ejm

I have known this problem, "Rebuild library" will cause the problem, which will be fixed in next version ASAP.

Thanks.

I'm doing that already under 1031, but I'm not game to do it with 1036 again until it is fixed. So I'll wait to next update.

At present moment scrapping is continuing and I've got 20 movies more than on 1035 / 1036 even if 3 of them have the spinning wheel of death.
                Last edited by ejm; 09-17-2018, 09:45 AM.
                Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by ejm View Post

I'm doing that already under 1031, but I'm not game to do it with 1036 again until it is fixed. So I'll wait to next update.
                  Did you got the posters in v1031 ? if it's ok, just keep it , and wait to next version.

Thanks.

Comment

yes I've got posters on web page. 11 of the extra movies are from TV series. Didn't use correct naming convention. Can't check DMS until scrapping has finished.
                    Viking lost down under

Comment

All,
                      The v1.0.3.6 update is now available again and the scraper should be fine now, There was a backoffice problem of some sort, the update code was not the problem.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        All,
                        The v1.0.3.6 update is now available again and the scraper should be fine now, There was a backoffice problem of some sort, the update code was not the problem.
                        Cool...….thanks Signals, Will try again. Was having same issues here, so no need to report after it wasn't available anymore.

Comment

Thanks signal
                          Viking lost down under

Comment

Upgraded to 1036 3 days ago and then transferred a new ISO to the MS using DVDFAB.

After 3 days, the new file is still invisible. It does not show up in the poster wall or under DMS Videos. It is not shown on the newly restored local WEB browser. It does not appear on the older cloud based browser. I can, however, see the file on the MS from my PC across the network.

Is there still a problem with the servers preventing the item from scraping? Or should I revert back to 1035?

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
                              Upgraded to 1036 3 days ago and then transferred a new ISO to the MS using DVDFAB.

After 3 days, the new file is still invisible. It does not show up in the poster wall or under DMS Videos. It is not shown on the newly restored local WEB browser. It does not appear on the older cloud based browser. I can, however, see the file on the MS from my PC across the network.

Is there still a problem with the servers preventing the item from scraping? Or should I revert back to 1035?
                              Don't revert back to 1035, please tell me the file name (file path), I will check it first .

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X