Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add new movies to the library from an external disk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add new movies to the library from an external disk.

I purchased the DVDFab Movie Server and I thought the process of adding new movies was gonna be easy.
    Maybe it is and it is just my ignorance on using a new piece of hardware.

I connected and external usb hard disk to the usb3 port in the back and using the copy/paste function I copied (for testing) ten (10) bluray-structured movies from the REMOVABLE DISK 1 to the SATA HARD DRIVE 1\DVDFab directory. I double-checked and all 30 movies are in the directory, but none are showing in the media library.

Then I copied two (2) bluray-structured movies to LOCAL STORAGE\Movies.

If I go into the MOVIES section, none of them appear on the library.

Questions:
    1. Is this the correct way to manually copy the movies from an external disk to the DVDFab Movie Server?
    2. Where is the correct path where I should manually copy the movies?
    3. Why are they not appearing in the library... what I am missing? I tried UPDATE LIBRARY and nothing changed.
    4. With the movies already being copied how do I add them to the library?

Just to be sure I disconnected the external hard disk from the DVDFab MS and navigated to all of the movies using the directory tree mode on the DVDFab Movie Server. I clicked on any of the movies and they played correctly, so the movies are there.
    They are just NOT appearing in the library, which is exactly what I want; that was the whole reason I got this equipment.

Thanks for any help given,

RPareja.
    Last edited by rpareja; 09-17-2018, 12:18 AM.

Looks like they are having an issue with DMS and website not showing any movies. They are supposed to be fixing this quickly. I'm having the same issue. Almost 400 movies not showing now.

Comment

Please try to "rebuild library" again, current the Movies in Internal Disk should be show .

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks!

Of the 10 movies uploaded, only 8 are showing on the library.
        All 10 movies were created by DVDFab 10, so I don't know how 2 are not showing (and if I click on any of those 2 on the directory tree view, it will play).

I don't think it should matter but coincidentally the titles of both movies starts with a number:
        10 X 10 (a movie from 2018 with Luke Evans)
        and
        211 (a movie from 2018 with Nicolas Cage)

I'll try later adding another 10 movies, and would like to know an estimate of how long does it take (after being copied) to appear in the library?
        Last edited by rpareja; 09-17-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

The web manager is also fine now.

It normally takes only a moment or two for a new title to appear, but I have not tried new content with this version yet.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X