Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the Playing problem of DMS V1036 beta

Dear DMS users:

In the new DMS V1036 beta version, there are some users reported some playing problem, Thanks for the report first.

From DMS v1020 to DMS v1036, we are always to working for improve the playing engine, the major change are focus on playing of 4K UHD menu, decrease the buffer when the source on the NAS, adjust code struct for more better to compatiable for the Hisilicon SDK and other changes.

So if you have the problem on playing, please tell me more information, which can help us more quickly to find the problem and make the play more better.

The information include:

1. The source name and type (common file, BD/DVD/UHD folder or ISO)
    2. Where is the source is storaged, in internal disk or the NAS device
    3. Which mode of file playing, menu mode or other mode.
    4. the xxx-player.log, you can get the log file on smb://your-dms-ip/share/sdcard/Android/data/org.dvdfab.box.launcher/Log/ , please zip the log file and set as attachment file as the post or just PM to me.

Thanks very much.

Before I reverted back to a working version I can share this info.

I have two DMS units.Like an idiot I upgraded both at the same time. Won't make that mistake again.

I was playing a file located on the HDD inserted into the device. File location was: DVDFab\TV Shows\Charlie's Angels\Season 1\Charlie's Angels - s01e01-e04.iso.

I tried playing movies that previously had played flawlessly in the older version, both units. Both units crashed back to the main screen within minutes of starting the movie. I reverted back to previous version both units so that I could utilize them. No logs available. I tried several, all ISO files. All crashed within minutes of starting.

Charlie's Angels I played using Menu Mode. The others I just played straight in.

Comment

I cannot supply logs as I have reverted back to 1.0.1.0
      All my files are ISO
      All on an internal disk
      I play all in Main Movie Mode
      All fail within a few minutes of playing

Comment

Ting.
        I upgraded to 1036 and am seeing playback problems. I get jittery playback and complete failure after a minute or two falling back to the poster wall. This is occurring with TVSHOW, Title "Space:Above and Beyond", disc 1. The DVD was transferred to the unit in clone mode as an ISO. Playback is in menu mode.

The iso is located on a USB hard drive connected directly to the MS via USB 3 connector. The unit has a drive light. In previous versions I noticed that DVD playback drives the disc for a few seconds, pauses for a bit, then drives a few more seconds. It appears to fill a buffer then wait for a bit to replenish that buffer. Under 1036, the drive runs continuously until failure of playback, as though the buffer is being drained faster than it can be filled.

Sorry, I don't have logs to send. I have reverted back to 1035 so I can have a usable unit again. The problem has disappeared under 1035.

Comment

Thanks for reply, we are working for this problem, and need more test.

Comment

Help..
            I just started to have this problem yesterday.
            Updated to DMS V1036 beta version early October, all my movies (ISO format) are stored on a WD RED NAS 8TB internal disk
            I play all movies in Main Movie mode
            All played great up until late yesterday.
            Now, every movie I try to play starts to skip, then freeze, then goes back to my movie wall after ~90 seconds
            I have attached my Player.log (20181019-Player.zip), do you need anything else from me?
            Anything I can do to fix before I roll back to DMS V1035.
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry you had this problem, I can't duplicate it with v1036, but others have seen it so the developers are checking it. I suggest verifying the drive health in Settings->General->System Maintenance->Disk Manager, which will show the general drive health on the top line and can also scan it for errors. A shut down and restart of the DMS can also be helpful with glitchy video playback.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 DRIVEHLTH.png
Views:	182
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	360709

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have re-booted twice now, since last night. No difference. Checked in Disk Manager, after scanning..this is what I see:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2295.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	360714

Comment

I have rolled back to 1035, and everything is good now!

Comment

Originally posted by forstatd View Post
                    Help..
                    I just started to have this problem yesterday.
                    Updated to DMS V1036 beta version early October, all my movies (ISO format) are stored on a WD RED NAS 8TB internal disk
                    I play all movies in Main Movie mode
                    All played great up until late yesterday.
                    Now, every movie I try to play starts to skip, then freeze, then goes back to my movie wall after ~90 seconds
                    I have attached my Player.log (20181019-Player.zip), do you need anything else from me?
                    Anything I can do to fix before I roll back to DMS V1035.
                    Thanks for the log, I will check it.

Comment

Working...
                    X