Sorting of the library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other Sorting of the library

When I sort the library alphabetically, for some movies it ignores the definite article "THE" and sometimes it does not.

Examples:
    - THE ASSASSIN'S CODE is sorted with the A's for the word ASSASSIN'S
    - THE FEMALE BRAIN is sorted with the F's for the word FEMALE
    - THE STRANGERS is sorted with the S's for the word STRANGERS
    there are about 4 more movies that behaves like that, but also there are more than 30 movies that the title starts with the word "THE" and they are sorted all together under the T's for the word THE (which I think is correct to sort it like this).

Anything I can do about this?

Thanks,
    Roberto.

Not at the moment, but it would be a good feature to have some controls for the sorting. I prefer for the sort to ignore "THE", so it would be nice if the user could choose.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi signals,

I understand that right now is something I can not configure, and I really think it would be a great feature.

But I just wanted to know why it does the sort in some way with a group of movies and it doesn't with another group.
      I would think that if right now it seems is ignoring "THE", it should ignore it for all the movies.

Comment

rpareja,

You may want to look at the media info of the ones not sorting correctly. IE "The Female Brain" may have the title listed as "Female Brain, The" as the title in the metadada even though the file name is "The Female Brain.xxx"

You also may want to use this little program to view what the metadata is on a number of file types. https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
        it sets up a context menu item when you right click on various media files.

Comment

It may be inconsistencies in the way "The" titles are entered in the database (sometimes at the end with a comma, sometimes at the beginning). I remove "The" from all of mine unless it resolves an ambiguous title.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You can edit it in the browser, the sort title shows and remove "THE" from the sort title until something better comes along.

Comment

Working...
            X