DVDFab sees server, but won't let me write to it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab sees server, but won't let me write to it

Spent some time today trying to get my server back up and running. Installed latest build and new hard drive, formatted drive. I also renamed the server. DVDFab sees the new name, but will not allow me to select it as a destination. Any tips?

what did you format the HDD as ?? did you try NTFS.

Comment

I let the Movie Server format the drive - thinking that it would 'know best'

Comment

This is probably because the DVDFab server uses SMB 1.0 which is a security risk these days (Google WannaCry) and Windows and other Operating Systems disable this now. You can override it by going into Programs & Features then Turn Windows Features On/Off but I wouldn't recommend it. Best option would be to wait till they add SMB 2.0 support to the firmware.

Comment

Also windows will not see the drive when you let the server format it. Reformat it to NTFS

Comment

The HDD in the DMS should be formatted as ext4 then you connect to it via SMB share \\IP address\share

Comment

I have had the best compatibility using NTFS on a GPT style partition for DMS drives. There seem to be issues for some users with DVDFab v11 being able to use the DMS as a target even with NTFS.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well I finally got NAS support to work, so going to migrate all my movies to a RAID NAS anyway. Is there any benefit to DMS functionality to having even a small drive installed (buffering, database storage, etc) - or is the internal drive 100% for movie storage only

Comment

Working...
                X