Editing Metadata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Metadata

1) How do you change posters and other artwork now?
    2) Will we ever see a fix for automatic editing of same movie title? Example - I have Tron and Tron Special Edition on my drive. They files are labeled differently. Movie scraper labels them as the same movie - even though it shows up twice in database (which it should as they are 2 movies). If I edit the name of the SE to TRON Special Edition, then both TRONs get relabeled as Special Edition. Similarly - Lord of the Rings movies Extended Editions etc
    3) How do we create / edit collections now?

Collections are still a work in progress, but it correctly placed Jean de Florette and Manon of the Spring into a "Water of the Hills" collection automatically.
    The easiest way to edit is from within the DMS GUI, just click on the poster, then click Edit as shown; you can also use the old way, by entering your DMS IP address in your web browser, like http://192.168.1.7:32080. Neither one allows uploading of local images yet, hopefully that will come. The PC web browser seems to offer more focused poster choices, but that can vary by title.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011LOCALEDIT.png Views:	1 Size:	724.4 KB ID:	361984

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 LOCALEDIT 2.png Views:	1 Size:	356.4 KB ID:	361985

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Just thought I would add a comment. Even editing this way doesn't always work. I've tried with several ones which I have and it does not work with them. I'm hoping this changes when 1037 comes out.
      Viking lost down under

Comment

This will only work if the meta info is in the database and the scraper can find it. You may have better luck with the PC-based web browser manager or experimenting with the Type-Title-Year-Language settings.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X