Suppressing Upgrade Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressing Upgrade Request

I plan on staying at v1.0.1.0, at least until a stable, workable version is released. I'm getting tired of canceling the request to upgrade to v1.0.3.1, which I have to cancel 2-3 times a day.

Is there any way to suppress these requests?

Not that I am aware of, sorry. When do you see the popup?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

On every reboot/power up, and after being powered up for more than 1/2 day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider View Post
        On every reboot/power up, and after being powered up for more than 1/2 day.
        Every reboot/power up you will see this request to upgrade if you don't have an upgraded version past v1.0.3.1. Should only see the request after the beginning of a new day though, example after midnight following into the next day if you do not power the DMS off, seeing it that many times without powering it off is odd.

Agree with Signals do not think there is a way to suppress this nag, except to upgrade or development pulls that over the air release (OTA) off the air as a new upgrade, it's not! Not understanding why people who wants to use older versions/releases that they want are getting pounded everyday with this annoying request. V1.0.3.1 didn't stay official for too long, should be able to make this message disappear also.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
          . V1.0.3.1 didn't stay official for too long, should be able to make this message disappear also.
          Agree. I know I'm not the only one to have this complaint. I was hoping maybe they could send out an upgrade retraction via the OTA route.

Comment

If you have no reason to allow the DMS access to the internet (streaming or online web management) you can try to not allow the server access to the internet either via your router or by removing the DNS settings in the DMS directly. If the DMS is reaching out the internet to check, maybe by removing the access it won't know about the update. Not sure if that information is cached or not. If the DMS does need internet access then this won't be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by duc135@gmail.com View Post
              If you have no reason to allow the DMS access to the internet (streaming or online web management) you can try to not allow the server access to the internet either via your router or by removing the DNS settings in the DMS directly. If the DMS is reaching out the internet to check, maybe by removing the access it won't know about the update. Not sure if that information is cached or not. If the DMS does need internet access then this won't be an option.
              Won't work for me, thanx. I use the network to connect to the Library Manager from my PC and update meta info. Pretty sure the server already knows about the update and will still ping you, but I'm not going to check. Turning off the network generates more annoying pop-ups due to not finding a network and not being able to log on, worse than having one pop-up for the update.

Comment

I have no solution for v1.0.1.0, but I will add one option for this, allow user to ignore some update version.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider View Post

Won't work for me, thanx. I use the network to connect to the Library Manager from my PC and update meta info. Pretty sure the server already knows about the update and will still ping you, but I'm not going to check. Turning off the network generates more annoying pop-ups due to not finding a network and not being able to log on, worse than having one pop-up for the update.
                  Didn't mean to disconnect the network completely. Just block access to the internet via the router's built in firewall rules or to remove the DNS settings in the DMS. Internal network from your PC to the DMS should still work. You can always temporarily allow internet access as required. May or may not work, but it could possibly be worth the try to remove the annoying popup. I haven't plugged my DMS in since I tested it for a few months and found it severely lacking so I wouldn't be able to test that for you. I was one of the pre-orders.

Comment

I would like this also as I too am a
                    n staying at v1.0.1.0, at least until a stable, workable version is released and the request is annoying.

Comment

Working...
                    X