Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange behavior

What does not work :

Creating paths (add folder) in the movie server manager 1.0 like mnt/sata/sata1/movies/ then save, the saved folder does not appear in the add-folder list, nor is it shown on the DMS hardware at all.

Updating the library in the server manager gets all the metadata but does not show the episodes .... on the DMS Hardware the libraries are still empty and the paths don't show.

Getting the metadata on the web manager takes quite some time, like 30+seconds, for just 9 movies and 7 shows.

Any ideas or hints for that situation ...

cheers

Originally posted by ahab666 View Post
    What does not work :

Creating paths (add folder) in the movie server manager 1.0 like mnt/sata/sata1/movies/ then save, the saved folder does not appear in the add-folder list, nor is it shown on the DMS hardware at all.
    Internal harddisk not need be added to the library path, which will be added it automatically .

Updating the library in the server manager gets all the metadata but does not show the episodes .... on the DMS Hardware the libraries are still empty and the paths don't show.

Getting the metadata on the web manager takes quite some time, like 30+seconds, for just 9 movies and 7 shows.
    This is the known probem, not the current version, we are working for this, will be fixed quickly.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

Internal harddisk not need be added to the library path, which will be added it automatically .
      okay, but wouldn't it be easier for the parser/scraper if there are 2 paths one for Movies and one for TV Shows ?

This is the known probem, not the current version, we are working for this, will be fixed quickly.

Thanks.
      Great, any idea when the next firmware version will be available/published ?

Here are some ideas / requests :

1. please make the web server manager(s) more look alike the Hardware GUI - i really miss the library rebuild option and the individual path updates.
      2. please remove the popup "do you really want to stop the replay", on the server Hardware - it is annoying to say the least
      3. generally remove all the confirmation pop-ups, except for really dangerous options ...
      4. please allow local storage of the metadata, especially pictures and thumbnails - the updates from the cloud are really slow - even with my very fast internet ...
      5. a "wake on lan" feature for the Hardware DMS - my computer room is quite far away from my living room ,,,,
      6. an option to rename the samba share name on the HW DMS - so Android155294 -> DVDFab Movie Server is shown in the Windows Explorer.
      7. an option to use a bluetooth keyboard together with the standard remote - maybe a DVDFab branded BT back lit keyboard with an integrated mouse pad.

thanks for all your efforts ....
      Last edited by ahab666; 12-13-2018, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahab666 View Post

okay, but wouldn't it be easier for the parser/scraper if there are 2 paths one for Movies and one for TV Shows ?

Great, any idea when the next firmware version will be available/published ?

Here are some ideas / requests :

1. please make the web server manager(s) more look alike the Hardware GUI - i really miss the library rebuild option and the individual path updates.
        2. please remove the popup "do you really want to stop the replay", on the server Hardware - it is annoying to say the least
        3. generally remove all the confirmation pop-ups, except for really dangerous options ...
        4. please allow local storage of the metadata, especially pictures and thumbnails - the updates from the cloud are really slow - even with my very fast internet ...
        5. a "wake on lan" feature for the Hardware DMS - my computer room is quite far away from my living room ,,,,
        6. an option to rename the samba share name on the HW DMS - so Android155294 -> DVDFab Movie Server is shown in the Windows Explorer.
        7. an option to use a bluetooth keyboard together with the standard remote - maybe a DVDFab branded BT back lit keyboard with an integrated mouse pad.

thanks for all your efforts ....
        Thanks for your suggestion, I will check it carefully, and add it to my product plan.

Comment

BT keyboards are supported now, this one https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Bluetooth...dp_ob_title_ce works great, even the touchpad.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            BT keyboards are supported now, this one https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Bluetooth...dp_ob_title_ce works great, even the touchpad.
            Good catch....like this one way better than what I am using now...thanks for the insight and link Signals.

Comment

I too would like to see this feature added, "
              please allow local storage of the metadata, especially pictures and thumbnails - the updates from the cloud are really slow - even with my very fast internet …"

Comment

Originally posted by SFMike View Post
                I too would like to see this feature added, "
                please allow local storage of the metadata, especially pictures and thumbnails - the updates from the cloud are really slow - even with my very fast internet …"
                about this, what format of pictures and thumbnails in local storage ? like NFO files or the meta export from KODI ?

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

about this, what format of pictures and thumbnails in local storage ? like NFO files or the meta export from KODI ?
                  hello again,

i guess with the picture sizes as well as format (compression) you have to be very careful, too small and you loose a minimum quality and some time for upscaling to UHD and too big the same problem plus database storage problems. I am no database expert but i guess you should store one poster for each item (movie or tv-show season) and generate the smaller thumbnails from the media (episodes) and the posters. A cool feature would be the ability to choose the database path (like mnt/.../.../.../Base) either on the "internal" ssd, on a dedicated usb3 drive or spawned like on the sata drive(s) and an dedicated path on the nas-drive(s). if that works you may consider a cloud sync service where the users can auto-backup their databases.

i don't want to brag but i did some programming in my college years, like an ice age ago, but some code i developed/codeveloped dealt with lexicographic analysis and text parsing.
                  if i may be of help for your programmers i'd like to - maybe we can get the scraping process right and with a success rate of more than 97%

cheers alex

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    could you please name the minimum Bluetooth version. I tried to use older ones like BT1.2 and BT2.0 and they did not show up in the pairing process.

cheers

Comment

Hello again,

here is one suggestion about the movie recognition :
                      step one parse the filename (without the path) from right to left .... ignore the extension and everything (except "CD n", "Part n" "pt.n" "pt n") till you find a ")" then use the next four ones for the release year (check for a range between 1900 till the actual year, call it valY). From right of "(" to the filename start normalize (remove/replace all non alphabet characters:,;\@ a.s.o. and accents) the string and replace "." with " ". Then lower all characters.
                      Now do an exact search for the whole string and the validated date, check in the corresponding movie title base for other names and languages IMDb does it all the time. stop on success
                      then the steps above the exact string and valY +1(till actual year xor valY+30), date -1 (till valY -30 xor 1900). That should deliver a result in I guess about 90-95%. stop on success
                      the rest is manual matching work i guess....

Comment

Working...
                      X