Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection

How do we create collection manually in DVDFab Movie server once metadata is updated. As its not done automatically for some of the movies.

Regards...Srini

It can't currently be done manually, but this feature has been requested by many and is on the developers "to-do" list
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I wonder why the DMS "scraper" has so many limitations and troubles. I use PowerDVD 17 for playback on my PC and it rockets through my movie collection and doesn't miss anything - nearly 3000 movies! However it is not perfect - occasionally it'll have the Asian or European meta info including the poster showing, but all you have to do is right-click on it and then manually update the poster if you saved the IMDB image in the same folder.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH50 View Post
        I wonder why the DMS "scraper" has so many limitations and troubles. I use PowerDVD 17 for playback on my PC and it rockets through my movie collection and doesn't miss anything - nearly 3000 movies! However it is not perfect - occasionally it'll have the Asian or European meta info including the poster showing, but all you have to do is right-click on it and then manually update the poster if you saved the IMDB image in the same folder.
        There are not limitations of DMS "scraper", just the current version not good for this, I am working for refactor this part, after finished this part, I think this part is easy to implement it.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

There are not limitations of DMS "scraper", just the current version not good for this, I am working for refactor this part, after finished this part, I think this part is easy to implement it.

Thanks.
          I do like DMS's ability to filter movies based on genre and other criteria - PowerDVD "movie" collection only has 2 modes, either showing your entire collection or browsing according to drive and folders. It does have a search feature however.

I'd like to see a lot more user customization in DMS, such as according to user designations like "action & adventure", "thrillers", "sci-fi & fantasy", etc. That's how I store my collection on the hard drives. Plus use whatever poster image the user wants. Maybe even a user's text or RTF file with the movie info in it, just in case the scraper gets the movie wrong (which currently happens a lot, if it even finds the movie). Thanks

Comment

Hate to say it, but v1.0.1.0 can do just that. If you edit the meta data, you can also add new genre which appear in the genre select list. I did that for Halloween and Christmas movies.

I'm not using the latest version of DMS, so no idea if that still works.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider View Post
              Hate to say it, but v1.0.1.0 can do just that. If you edit the meta data, you can also add new genre which appear in the genre select list. I did that for Halloween and Christmas movies.

I'm not using the latest version of DMS, so no idea if that still works.
              Would you be so kind as to point me to a download link for version 1.0.1.0 - mine was delivered with 1.0.3.0 and after extensive tests and dissapointments on all 1.0.2.x and 1.0.3.x i'd to give it a shot.

Comment

I believe you can find it here:

Comment

Working...
                X