Problems with DMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with DMS

This rant is for the development people.

I am at a total loss to what you are doing. You add new features to your programming. Some are faulty, but what seems to be the biggest problem is that every time you make these changes you screw up other stuff that was running perfectly. We are now a year past heavy involvement trying to make it work and we still haven't got anything better than 1010.
    Remembering what went on last year, majority of this first part of the year coming up you were having loads of holidays. Which means we can expect the same this year.
    I've been self employed for 1/3 of my life and in all that time I've had about 5 holidays and worked 7 days a week for the rest of that time. I'm sure you can work out how old I am.
    In this period of time I've never had Christmas/Easter or public holidays off. Thank god that I'm a pensioner now.
    Viking lost down under

Well said. I agree with you. It seems the DVDFab mainstream products are solid and receive regular updates. The Movie Server is a stepchild.

Comment

I have not any comment for this, I just want to say:

First, DMS not the stepchild, if it is, I will not be responsible for this product.
      Second, because I joined the work in the halfway, after many hard work for current code in DMS, from v1020 to v1038, there are many improvement to fixed some important problem.
      Third, after so much version released, there are always have some random problem to effect the quality of DMS, I decide not struggle with current architecture again, I have begin to do the refactor work for DMS. I call this version as v2000, I hope after this version release, I will never hear someone said the v1010 is better, and I also hope this version can satisfy the request of heavy user like ejm .

Before the work finished, I will continue to support the old version problem, and the feature request is welcome .

Thanks.

Comment

So when are we likely to see the v2.000?????????????????????????
        I will never hear someone said the v1010 is better, and I also hope this version can satisfy the request of heavy user like ejm
        I would have to say that the only heavy usage that I have done, Is beta testing the DMS. Since buying this unit in 2017 I'm lucky if I've watched 12 movies through the poster interface, anything else I've watched is via the folder system. I have helped beta testing so that I could hopefully get what I thought I was buying at the time. If anything the newer beta versions are preventing me from enjoying my purchase.
        TV series can only be watched via the folder system due to all episodes not being there and not being able to access them through poster wall. And to top up everything, if I lose track of where I'm upto I have to repeat the same sequence to go back and find the correct episodes as every time I quit a episode I'm booted back to the DMS directory.
        Last edited by ejm; 12-28-2018, 04:36 AM.
        Viking lost down under

Comment

about the heavy user, my mean is just the library are huge.

yes, after v1038beta, next version is v2.0, which has in the developing.

Comment

I tried to access x-men collection, a total of 3 movies (even if I have 6) and was unable to access them. At present every time I try to access forum I get the message come back later as forum is full. It takes 7 to 8 times to post a comment.
            Viking lost down under

Comment

Good observations ejm...you would think that the coding lab where the firmware is developed has 1 or more of these units on hand for testing, and while I wouldn't expect them to have complete libraries of movie collections, complete TV series and older/newer movies on hand for trying to sort out user interface problems brought up in the forums by current users providing feedback, I would expect them to be able to fix them without breaking some other feature.

It seems as though the lab techs could create a software tool that could generate file names that represent a complete multi season TV series or movie collections. They wouldn't have to be the actual movies or TV shows...just small files with the names of the content that would scrape and generate poster wall files.

In this way it would expose problems.

Comment

This speculation of what the developers do and how they do it is pointless. This is a support forum and rants really don't contribute to a solution for anyone. Any future posts that are pure rants may be deleted. There are a few things you must understand about holidays in China: first, many of them are government mandated; second many holidays are part of cultural traditions that date back thousands of years, longer than most western nations have existed, so the holidays have greater weight than something similar in the US or EU.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

TV series can only be watched via the folder system due to all episodes not being there and not being able to access them through poster wall. And to top up everything, if I lose track of where I'm upto I have to repeat the same sequence to go back and find the correct episodes as every time I quit a episode I'm booted back to the DMS directory.
                  Signals, if you look at above quote you can see why I'm not a happy little vegemite. In all the time I've had the media player, I've never had to suffer the above to watch movie/tv series via the folder system.

Why do I keep getting "empty response" when I try posting lately???
                  Viking lost down under

Comment

I have just reverted back to 1035 so that I can get back to watching voyager and await ver. 2.000
                    Viking lost down under

Comment

I am not sure what you mean by "empty response". If you mean that you see a response with no text, press F5 to reload the page (most browsers).
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The "empty response" is the message you get when you try to post a message now. It's not posting what you try to post and is saying your posted message is blank. F5 worked for me to post but it didn't work that way before.

Comment

I've Had that problem all week not just ones, up to eight times for just 1 post. F5 key does not work, canceling and logging out and back in again and trying to post again fails too. answering a PM gives me a different error message, but basically same problem, takes multiple times to post it. Trying to get onto the forum is just as big a problem. Doesn't make any difference what time of day or night I try to log on. I get a blank screen with message that server is busy try again later. When it does let me on and I try to access any part of forum, 9 out of 10 times I get a blank screen with message that server is busy try again later. So now I have copy this to a text as when I post it and I get the message "empty response" I will not have to re type it again in case it gets lost.

Wow it worked 1st time this time.

After editing, new error message. Took 5 times to add this to post, got error message "error uploading" something or rather.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	263
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	363709
                          Last edited by ejm; 12-30-2018, 06:55 AM.
                          Viking lost down under

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	247
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	363711 Error message coming in and logging out.
                            Viking lost down under

Comment

I've seen the same screens...and no, F5 did not work, just returned to the same error!

Comment

Working...
                              X