HDR10+ dolby vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request HDR10+ dolby vision

while we wait patiently for the next firmware update, would it ever be possible for the DMS to support
    HDR10+ and Dolby Vision wow imagine that plastered on the DVDfab website

' Now supports HDR10+ and Dolby Vision '

Originally posted by pronto1st View Post
    while we wait patiently for the next firmware update, would it ever be possible for the DMS to support
    HDR10+ and Dolby Vision wow imagine that plastered on the DVDfab website

' Now supports HDR10+ and Dolby Vision '
    For "HDR10 + Dobly Vision" support, I just can do is waitting the upgrade of chipship sdk, I am not sure what time it is but I will ask it.

Thanks.

Comment

Hisilicon Hi3798C V200 is the world’s 1st TV box SOC to support HDR10 and Dolby Vision high-dynamic-range technology. Based on Quad-core ARM Cortex A53 with ...

as I understand it has same Soc Hisilicon Hi3798C V200, so how in a presentation Dolby vision is working?

Comment

http://www.hisilicon.com/en/Media-Ce...0903_HiSilicon and this ?

Comment

The SOC is http://www.hisilicon.com/en/Media-Ce...0903_HiSilicon so what is the problem ?

Comment

I think it is the chipset driver that is not updated from what Ting said.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              I think it is the chipset driver that is not updated from what Tjng said.
              Yes, but it is like from 2015... As I do not find any Android based player which have Dobly Vision, I think this is with the license issue. What I need in a dvdfab media server is new android with HDMI-CEC and Dobly Vision.

Comment

Originally posted by xfiniti64 View Post

Yes, but it is like from 2015... As I do not find any Android based player which have Dobly Vision, I think this is with the license issue. What I need in a dvdfab media server is new android with HDMI-CEC and Dobly Vision.
                Dobly Vision erm Dolby Vision licence adds about $3 to each unit that's why I think manufactures choose not to add it.

Money Money Money more more more give give...

Comment

Dobly Vision erm Dolby Vision licence adds about $3 to each unit that's why I think manufactures choose not to add it.

Money Money Money more more more give give...
                  Well, I can pay for some activation code, to get Dolby vision! Add paid option to get Dolby vision!

Comment

Originally posted by xfiniti64 View Post

Well, I can pay for some activation code, to get Dolby vision! Add paid option to get Dolby vision!
                    whoa hang on lets not be too hasty if we start paying for add on's then we risk that all future upgrades become a payable option and that means that those who can will buy, those who cant will suffer, people will levitate to the best available player that's cost effective, and if that player has all the options included then its a win win situation all round,

if its possible to upgrade the chipset driver for Dolby Vision then that's a bonus and will help sell more DMS units for
                    Fengtao Software but it should be a given as we all contribute on this forum
                    to get DMS working the best it can be and we do it for free

Comment

whoa hang on lets not be too hasty if we start paying for add on's then we risk that all future upgrades become a payable option and that means that those who can will buy, those who cant will suffer, people will levitate to the best available player that's cost effective, and if that player has all the options included then its a win win situation all round,

if its possible to upgrade the chipset driver for Dolby Vision then that's a bonus and will help sell more DMS units for
                      Fengtao Software but it should be a given as we all contribute on this forum
                      to get DMS working the best it can be and we do it for free
                      Yee, but it is China company, they do staff differently. What updates are you talking? What they did is stupid movie search engine update, android is way out of date, no any eta on that, what new function they did addet? Good luck in dreaming, will be no any dolby vision updates, or any new futures.

Comment

Forget new options whether it's at additional cost or even free. I'll be happy if they just get the unit working for basic functions as originally advertised so I can actually use it for more than an addition to my junk pile. I can't remember when the last time they had an official firmware release. Everything has been beta releases. Then they move on to the next new beta release once they realize the current release is too buggy.

Comment

Originally posted by duc135@gmail.com View Post
                          Forget new options whether it's at additional cost or even free. I'll be happy if they just get the unit working for basic functions as originally advertised so I can actually use it for more than an addition to my junk pile. I can't remember when the last time they had an official firmware release. Everything has been beta releases. Then they move on to the next new beta release once they realize the current release is too buggy.
                          Completely agree with the above. As in other posts ive asked how many people actually work on the DMS is it just one person or a team just to try and figure out why it takes so long between firmware releases . I think all firmware will for ever be in beta and solving one problem but creating two

im trying to remain positive, im trying to be paitent , hopefully Fengtao Software will come through, if not then we will cut our losses all jump ship and go elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                          X