• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiencing new problem

I'm running version 1.0.1.0
    I use Win 10 File Explorer to fix any file names on the DMS
    Within the last week File Explorer for the DMS is not working correctly
    When I open the MS DVDFAB Movie directory it tries to do a refresh of the directory list
    In the file path window left of the search window a green bar starts from the left and goes right. It goes on for a very long time.
    During this time the the directory items count continues to increase, I let it run for quite a while once and the count was over 24 million and locked up.
    Depending on how long I let that green bar refresh go it is listing every director in movies multiple times. I stopped it after a few seconds and I had 95 listings for 2 Guns.
    I let it run for 30 seconds and there were now 333 listings for 2 Guns,

This is not happening for any other directory on my system. Tried it on a different USB attached disk with no issues
    I have tried a few health checks of my system and all comes up clean.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Update: I removed the internal disk of the DMS and looked through some of the directories.
    In path Android/share/sda/sda2/DVDFAB/Movies
    This has a list of all the directories I have on this internal disk and the same thing happens when I display it.
    Multiple entries for each directory depending on how long I let it run
    I would like to delete this directory but I'm not sure of the consequences
    Last edited by Hunter1955; 01-25-2019, 07:11 PM.

Hi Hunter1955, I'm in a dual boot between Win 7 and Win 10 but I think the file system handler is the same. Can you move(cut) those directories to another drive so you could restore them if problems arise? Maybe try a scan-disk on the drive while it is connected to your Win 10 system and see if the file allocation table is corrupted?

I totally reorganized the directory(move, cut, copy and create) structure on my 8TB drive and haven't seen anything like what you describe.

Comment

Dead Eye, Thanks for the idea. I don't think it's a disk problem. I can remove the disk from the DMS and use file explorer to look at a directory on the DMS that list the same movies
      on the disk. It does the same thing. I think something is hosed up in the DMS. I just don't know how to erase everything from the DMS at V1.0.1.0
      Not sure if I should do a factory reset from the advanced settings in the DMS or what

Comment

When you see the "green bar" growing, Windows is indexing the drive (for faster opening and searches),This annoying behavior can be turned off (see this: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/com...-local-drives/) Certain utilities (like Search Everything) do something similar which can also gum up the works.

I can't duplicate the multiple entries thing. I am no longer running v1010 but do not remember it. I have a 4TB drive in my DMS that has a GPT style partition and NTFS file system that was formatted on a PC, not by the DMS.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals,
          Been there and done that. I turned off Windows Search option for the whole computer. Made no difference.

Comment

Update: Took drive out of DMS and hooked it to a docking station on my PC... It works fine.
            It has to be something in the DMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
              Update: Took drive out of DMS and hooked it to a docking station on my PC... It works fine.
              It has to be something in the DMS.
              try updating to the latest firmware beta version - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-7-beta-is-out

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try updating to the latest firmware beta version - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-7-beta-is-out
                Been hoping to avoid that right now.. V1.0.1.0 does most everything I need. I've had a lot of issues with the newer versions

Comment

Hunter1955...it is pretty easy and straight forward to 'Upgrade'...check the disk...then downgrade back to V1.0.1.0. It would seem to me that would reveal if it was an OS problem or even the sdcard itself. I don't know a lot about Android and how it manages its file table, or if it even has one.

Do the "ghost" entries have all the same properties as the regular file like size, date created and so on? Maybe try renaming one of the files that has a lot of duplicate copies and see if the OS updates all the "Ghost" files or creates new ghost files with the new file name.
                  Last edited by Dead Eye; 01-27-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
                    Hunter1955...it is pretty easy and straight forward to 'Upgrade'...check the disk...then downgrade back to V1.0.1.0. It would seem to me that would reveal if it was an OS problem or even the sdcard itself. I don't know a lot about Android and how it manages its file table, or if it even has one.

Do the "ghost" entries have all the same properties as the regular file like size, date created and so on? Maybe try renaming one of the files that has a lot of duplicate copies and see if the OS updates all the "Ghost" files or creates new ghost files with the new file name.
                    All the files are identical. When I change one they all change.
                    I just tried reinstalling 1.0.1.0 with no change. Upgrading was my planned next step. I'll update here after trying that.

Comment

Did an upgrade to 1.0.3.8
                      No change to my original problem. Now it says my Library is empty. Tried an update with no change.
                      Tried a rebuild with no change. Tried Clearing cache and data from advance settings. Nothing in Library and my original problem is still there.
                      Going to wait a while and reload 1.0.1.0 and hope my Library comes back.

Comment

Update:
                        Moved the newer movies from the Movies directory to the Video directory and my original problem went away.
                        Started moving them back one at a time until one movie brought the problem back, Deleted that movie and all seems fine now.
                        Still no library info on the DMS at 1.0.3.8 but that's another problem

Comment

That is a strange problem!

What was the name of that movie that triggered the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
                            That is a strange problem!

What was the name of that movie that triggered the problem?
                            Galveston

Comment

My DMS is now building the Library at 1.0.3.8
                              I noticed a circle at the top right of my screen with a shoulder and head icon in it. It also had a small x on it.
                              I did a relogin, the x went away and the Library started building. Of course I cannot create my own collections but I'm going to see how everything else works before reverting to 1.0.1.0

Comment

Working...
                              X