• Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Movie Server Team Development Update

Development progress update in 2019/4/19

The beta version of DMS v2001 now in the internal forum

Development progress update in 2019/4/19

The first beta version of DMS v2000 now in the internal forum

Development progress update in 2019/4/13

In this week, Finished most working on Library, WebApp, Android App.
    And release 3 internal version for test.

From these versions test result, there are still have some works to do.

- Operation Library on Android App
    - Edit feature on Androd App
    - Video Library on Android App
    - Playing function, when begin to play, there are a litter slow to begin it
    - Playing information, the interface need be checked
    - Other still hide bug ...

So, my team will try our best to continuely working on this version and try to release the first version on Internal forum frist.

Thanks.

Development progress update in 2019/4/5

- Add the Collection support in Local web manager
    - Search and Cache for library
    - Adjust the log output, for better debug the problem
    - more details works for the first beta version

- delay: Add new interface support for Android App

Development progress update in 2019/3/29

- Finished to get media information and add it to library
    - Build successed in Android
    - Test add path and scraper files in Box, looks good now

Next week:

- Add new interface support for Android App
    - Add the Collection support in Local web manager
    - Other details works

- Depend on the progress of this week, the first test SDK maybe be released in the next two weeks

Thanks.

Development progress update in 2019/3/23

- Finished the major scraper module support (nfo file, dvdfab meta file, dvdfab scraper service, tmdb)
    - Finished the scraping file to Movie, TV show, Video working flow, include different branch
    - Finished the interface for import library , Local web app for this done, App support will be added in the next week

- Coding work for modify/edit library interface is finished, will begin test work in the next week
    - Next week will try to package the first SDK, just for the developing test

- Depend on the progress, the first internal test SDK version will not change any UI and not add new feature, but the core is be fully upgrade,
    the release will be delay one or more weeks, but we are working hard for this, and I also will keep update the developement progress in this post.

Thanks.

=========================================

Dear DMS's users:

I regret that there are not any new beta/official versions for DMS in some time, sorry for this but let me assure you we have not stopped the working for DMS's SDK and development continues daily. Here are some details of the current status.

I have said in forum before, after I joined the team of DMS from Apri in 2018,
    there have been several SDK updates from v1020 to v1038, and while these versions solved some problems,
    we have found there always have been some new problems or some that cannot be solved completely with the current software architecture,
    just by adding patch after patch after patch.

So in the end of 2018, I decided to start the development work for a completely new DMS version, which we refer to internally just as "v2000" for now.
    The software architecture is completely redesigned, trying to solve some of these problems and also support feature requests from users.
    Key features are that the DMS's database is fully redesiged and much of the code will be rewritten.

Here are some facts and features about the v2000, please think of these as goals that may not all be included the initial v2000 release but will be added as development continues.
    • - local library is in the frist
    • - also working in offline mode and unregistered status, (of course, will still need an internet connection for scraping (import file to library))
    • - support local info file, like NFO files and using local images in high priority
    • - support DMS scraper service and TMDB too
    • - support cloud library, if you not like it, you can disable it
    • - support import/export library, and keep all your modified data
    • - support customize the path for downloading posters, backdrops, so can download more images and switch it dynamically
    • - support add mobile hard disk to library
    • - improve UI of check movie/tv/video
    • - support the concept of Group, Movie collection and repeat files will be put in group automatically, and you aslo can add Movie/TV/Video as your wish
    • - more better support for the file be created by DVDFab
    • - support parent lock or control by different Film Rating
    • - open NFS service for more friendly to Macosx
    • - upgrade SMB to 2.0 for Windows 10
    • - Other minor features

Here is some information about the v2000 development progress:
    • - The database struct has been designed
    • - The major flow import files to library has finished
    • - The major operation of library is in the working
    • - The new interface of App and local Webapp is in the working
    • - Android 7 support is in the working
    • - other features in the working

The release schedule:

I hope the first beta version will be released before April.

Let me also say that this is only possible due to your continued feedback, which we value highly!
    If you have any suggestions or questions please post in this thread or talk to me in Messenger(Please search "Dms ting"), I will not always be online, but will reply it in time

Thanks .
    Last edited by ting; 04-27-2019, 03:12 AM.

Nice!!!!! Sounds good and thanks for the update Ting with future development in progress with the DMS going forward!!!

Comment

Thank you Ting for the updated information. Looking forward to the initial release of V2.
      Jupiter59

Comment

Sounds promising, Integration of Android 7 Should help too, tbh I have had very few issues with 1.0.3.7, the odd movie ending up in the DMS video folder but thats been easily edited and moved, I get a few wrong movie posters (the correct show when editing but it doesnt change) But all in all it has played everything ive thrown at it.

One thing to mention in case it has never been fixed (if it has then sorry for bringing it up) but streaming from NAS of UHD discs, I had no end of stuttering issues when playing UHD over the network (bluray and 3D no issues at all) I ended up putting all UHD on the internal HDD, so I have not tried to stream a UHD disc since 1.0.3.5. Has this been looked at? and if not can it be for the 2.x release? as I would really like to have all my UHD collection on NAS (even if its for safety from HDD failure in movie server)

Thanks for the update ting, hopefully building the 2.x fw goes smoothly for you

Comment

Thanks for the update. Happy to hear work is continuing and sounds like you have a handle on the requests we have made.

Comment

Thank You ting,

Thank you very much for the update. This new V2.0 sounds very promising.

Comment

I need this: open NFS service for more friendly to Macosx, did you know how to copy movies into DMS from mac OS ? Now is writtenen that there is no inaf space.

Comment

Ting, thank you for the update.

You had a good product as of v1.0.1.0, and I'm sorry you weren't able to repair that product and enhance it. I do, however, look forward to seeing v2000.

Comment

Nice, and please support for using IPAD to access the poster wall, just like zidoo

Comment

It takes courage to make decisions like this, to redesign the architecture of a system when the original design constrains progress. I look forward to the potential benefits and appreciate the frankness.

Comment

As per today it's 16 days till April - any updates if the roadmap is still accurate ?

Comment

Originally posted by ahab666 View Post
                        As per today it's 16 days till April - any updates if the roadmap is still accurate ?
                        Hmm...

It's been 7 days ahab666 asked this question and still no answer?

This is why so many people are not happy. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy6977 View Post

Hmm...

It's been 7 days ahab666 asked this question and still no answer?

This is why so many people are not happy. Just my 2 cents.
                          I have checked this a few day ago, sorry for not reply it in time.
                          I will update the status about the development in this weekend.

Thanks.

Comment

I purchased my media server from DVDFab due to my experience over the years with your software. However I feel like we have all been gunia pigs on this rocky road and total lack of software development/upgrades. Although I have 1,808 movies on the server disc no amount of rescanning or rebuilding the library ever shows more than around 1,400 or so. To find a movie I frequently have to go directly to the HD directory and find it. The genre function has never worked for more than one or two times upon update before it disappears again. When you do get it to work and call up a batch you should be able to right click the button to forward to the next in the batch to read the description and ratings. Instead of going back and selecting the next movie to read information.From previous posts from angered users you had mentioned your only allowed one rant.... Well this is mine …. We paid good money …. FIX IT

Comment

Originally posted by underdog10 View Post
                              The genre function has never worked for more than one or two times upon update before it disappears again. When you do get it to work and call up a batch you should be able to right click the button to forward to the next in the batch to read the description and ratings. Instead of going back and selecting the next movie to read information.From previous posts from angered users you had mentioned your only allowed one rant
                              I am sorry for not very understand what is your problem, this problem happened in which part of DMS, in Box App or Web manager, Please give me more information about it, I wil FIX it in the new version.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X