Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My library will not populate with my movies, was working a few weeks ago, then stopped. I can still copy movies to the server and watch them using the video icon and the directory of the movies, movie plays correctly; at the suggestion of Ms Liu I upgraded to 1.0.3.7 and the problem stayed the same. I have tried a new drive, factory reset, reset button on the back of the server, nothing will let me build up the library, just stays empty no matter how many movies i put into the library.
    Any help ?? besides waiting for V 2.

Comment

Originally posted by lessd View Post
      My library will not populate with my movies, was working a few weeks ago, then stopped. I can still copy movies to the server and watch them using the video icon and the directory of the movies, movie plays correctly; at the suggestion of Ms Liu I upgraded to 1.0.3.7 and the problem stayed the same. I have tried a new drive, factory reset, reset button on the back of the server, nothing will let me build up the library, just stays empty no matter how many movies i put into the library.
      Any help ?? besides waiting for V 2.
      Please try to rebuild library and if still have this problem, please send the log to me, I will check it

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

Please try to rebuild library and if still have this problem, please send the log to me, I will check it
        Ting...….. this is not an isolated issue with new movies not populating now. There is another thread on the board denoting this same problem. This has been happening to me for three weeks now. I choose not to post in reference to V2 coming out soon but it's becoming an issue because none of my new movies will update on the wall or through searches and I can't watch them. The only way to watch them is to access them through the local hard drive icon. They are being loaded to the movie server but the sever will not rebuild the library or refresh or update it. Clearing and cleaning out the cache does nothing, problem still remains. I have every firmware that has been released and was on 1010 when this started happening, tried 1037 and 1038 and my new movies added still did not update or refresh on the wall and the server was not able to find them using any of those updates. I went back to 1010 because it is the most useable release for me that works and all the new movies that would not populate and show up did. I was all set until I added another new movie yesterday to the server. Bought 'Unbreakable' to add to the 'Split' and 'Glass' collection and 'Unbreakable' is no where to be found except through the local hard drive. The new movies added does not update or refresh using xxx.xxx.x.xx:32080 and trying to use dms.dvdfab.cn tells me my library is empty, I guessing the latter does not work for 1010 anymore. There are too many variables in the mix for the server now that works and many cases doesn't work. But this new problem where new movies are not populating is a deal breaker for sure. Something has changed, I can not get my server to work off the wall.

Comment

I noticed this problem several weeks ago myself. New files added were simply ignored. After updating to 1037, they still did not scrape, however, so far each one does show up under DMS Videos allowing me to manually add the poster. I hope that they continue to show up under DMS Videos and that version 2 corrects the issue.

Comment

I am running 1.0.3.1 and am seeing the same issue where new movies are not loaded on the page, but can be watched by navigating to the ISO in the Video folder on the hard drive. I also am having an issue where I can't upgrade to new code. I select the OT

Comment

Ok, so I've updated to v1038 and DVDFab 11.0.2.2 and ran another test. The ISO is created and copied to the MS, but it will not show-up on the panel of movies and there isn't a way to add it. So, I'm stuck in the same situation as tbrown25, Down2earth and lessd...

Comment

After I put seven or eight on mine and nothing showed up I thought that maybe something went wrong with the firmware update so I did a complete reset on the machine. All showed up, posters and all after. I am not advocating this as a workaround just too big of a pain in the butt, but if you have plenty of time and are so inclined it will work.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

I have had my server for 2 weeks now and have the same problem so ive never even had it working. Tried all sugestions but nothing works.
                  The only option seems to be to wait for the new update which im not to happy about. If not i will have to send it back which would be a shame

Comment

Any of you that have the problem with content not showing, please do as Ting requested and send or attach the log. I don't believe anyone has done this.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

here is my log
                      Attached Files

Comment

hmm... I have complained about these issues in the past few weeks and was slammed for posting pictures that were too big. and then told to just wait for v2 and deal with it.

seems we are back to the "Top Notch" customer service we have all grown to love.

I really don't mind being a guinee pig / beta tester. just when there is a problem and issues do arise. I "Expect" better customer service for something that I have personally invested over $500 and a hell of a lot of time into.

I apologize to everyone if I sound a bit testy. as I am sure everyone is having the same issues as I am.
                        Last edited by Shaggy6977; 04-02-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nnuudd View Post
                          here is my log
                          thanks for the log, there are some wrong for DMS, We will check it ASAP.

About the problem, please provide the log me, which can help me to find the problem, if the file is too big, please uncompress the files, just send the xxx-server.log to me.

Thanks.
                          We just fixed one problem, which will cause empty library or new added movie not be showed. Please try to "Update library" and check the result.
                          Last edited by ting; 04-03-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I have tried and the tv shows started to work but not the movies. Still get empty libary

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

Please try to "Update library" and check the result.
                              Ting check messages!

Comment

Post update.

Comment

Working...
                                X