Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests

Two different requests related to keeping our libraries updated.

1) It would be very helpful if I was able to delete watched movies directly from the MOVIES section and they would disappear.

2) For the cases that I delete a movie from the VIDEOS section (the sata disc folder structure), the UPDATE LIBRARY from the MOVIES section, should detect that the movie is not there anymore and delete it from the MOVIES.

Thanks!
    rpareja

What is the point of having a central "Server" to store ad play your movies if you Delete them after you have watched them?

Comment

I agree with you on that one shaggy6977
      Viking lost down under

Comment

I am not sure rpareja meant the every movie is deleted as soon as it is watched, but I can see that this would be convenient if there is a title you really don't want to watch any more. I have a few like that on mine.I agree that Update Library should notice that the movie is gone and fully delete it (if Delete does not do this already).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy6977 View Post
          What is the point of having a central "Server" to store ad play your movies if you Delete them after you have watched them?
          Originally posted by ejm View Post
          I agree with you on that one shaggy6977

I didn't mean literally delete the movies after you watched them.
          Besides, not everybody handle their collection as we think they should.

Let's face the following example:
          - You have 2500 movies loaded and cataloged under MOVIES.
          - You copy 10 more new movies to your library.
          - DMS add and catalog those 10 new movies.
          - One of those new movie you copied is Saving Christmas (2014) which has a 1.5 rating according to imdb.com
          - The movie is so bad that after 10 minutes of watching it, you decide to delete that movie.

You still plan on keeping that movie forever on your server?
          It would be nice to delete the movie and somehow be able to quickly "refresh" your MOVIES catalog, without having to rebuild your whole library.
          Last edited by rpareja; 05-02-2019, 04:08 AM.

Comment

rpareja,

Sorry about that, I just wasn't understanding what you were asking for. That would be a nice feature to have the DMS DB actually know you've deleted a file without it haveing to rescan the whole library.

Comment

Yes, this feature is my todo list, but I need sometime to check it, before I begin to implement, I will provide the product design to forum first, and make sure that is users wanted.

Comment

Working...
              X