No announcement yet.

Unable to search network from movie server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's your call but I would at least go to 1.0.3.7...better library management. This unit can be downgraded in the event you don't like what you see...we are in a perpetual BETA cycle while the engineers address user problems.

Comment

I don't have a problem with upgrading, it's just that I always assumed that OTA Update guarantees you have the latest version.
      Are these the instructions to follow?

Does this mean I lose all existing settings?

Comment

Use a USB 2.0 thumb drive and update that way...clean DATA first as prescribed.

Comment

Cleaning DATA...
          The doc of how to clean data Settings-1.png Click image for larger version Name: Settings-2.png Views: 1 Size: 45.9 KB ID: 366986 Click image for larger

Comment

This link has the procedure to upgrade via USB...this can be used for all subsequent upgrades.
            Dear DMS users: First, sorry for the plan delay, now we are happy to present DMS v1036 Beta for you to help us test. Note: To install this Beta, please download

Comment

Thanks. I might try this tomorrow when I have more time.

I managed to find some logs when browsing the movie server from my desktop. There are several logs under \\<movie-server>\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.dvdfab.box.l auncher\Log:

Click image for larger version

Name:	logs.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	367672
              Would these logs be the ones that are needed?

Comment

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	367674

Here

Comment

Probably...but the newer versions have that screen with the link to download and would capture the needed logs for sure.

Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks!

One more question: do I need to run the clean data first? You mentioned it above although I can't see a reference to it in the beta install guide https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-please-try-it

Comment

Yes, they recommend doing it so I would do it just to avoid problems. It was recommended starting with the new v2 series.

Comment

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	367679

This is the format of the downloaded zip file!

Comment

Not much luck.
                          I've upgraded to 1.0.3.6.
                          When trying to connect to WebAPP on https://dms.dvdfab.cn/#/ (as I did before) I get the following:

Name:	Offline.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	367694
                          However now I can connect directly to <ip>:/32080.
                          But still no download-logs button:

Name:	new_settings.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	367695
                          I'm still unable to to connect to the network from the movie server, although I can see it on the network (as is evident by the webAPP).

Comment

One time (out of hundreds of attempts), the Search Network functionality actually worked and I was able to add a share folder from the NAS!
                            However it has stopped working again and I have several others to add.

This is extremely frustrating.

Comment

Go higher on the SDK...just go to v2002.

For local access I use the host name instead of the IP because my router is the DHCP server to all the internet connected devices in my house, if I lose power or reboot the router there is no gaurentee that the DMS gets the same IP address...so the address line in the browser would look like this.....//android_******:32080/#/index. Substitute the '*' with the numbers that match your unit, see attached picture. When you type it in the URL line don't use the these '//'.
                              . Click image for larger version  Name:	3.JPG Views:	1 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	367698

Comment

One other note avw611...the scraper algorithm is pretty aggressive and hogs a lot of the CPU's' bandwidth so it is probably a best practice to walk away from an upgrade for a couple of hours just to give it time scrape the contents of the internal drive, then setup network shares. Network scraping, depending on the speed of your router port speed on devices could take some time. While I don't have any network shares what I just said is a matter of common sense. I wired this house during construction with CAT 6 and all my devices and all my network switches and devices have gigabit ports.

Comment

Working...
                                X