Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking Unable to search network from movie server

Hi,

My question is about adding new Shares to the Movie Server.
    When I first setup my Movie Server I created a link under the Video section and this is how I access all my content on the NAS drive.
    Now I'm trying to add another link connecting to a different shared folder on the NAS. However, when I select the Search Network option to locate the shared folder I get nothing - it fails to find any servers on my network. What is going on?
    The Movie Server is properly connected to the network, I can see if from my computer and am able to manually copy files to the local storage - I've been forced to use it in this painful way for the past few weeks.
    The NAS Media Server works fine, the folder I set up when I first got the DVDFab Movie Server still works - I just cannot add any new ones.
    My NAS is a Synology Diskstation.

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by avw611 View Post
    Hi,

My question is about adding new Shares to the Movie Server.
    When I first setup my Movie Server I created a link under the Video section and this is how I access all my content on the NAS drive.
    Now I'm trying to add another link connecting to a different shared folder on the NAS. However, when I select the Search Network option to locate the shared folder I get nothing - it fails to find any servers on my network. What is going on?
    The Movie Server is properly connected to the network, I can see if from my computer and am able to manually copy files to the local storage - I've been forced to use it in this painful way for the past few weeks.
    The NAS Media Server works fine, the folder I set up when I first got the DVDFab Movie Server still works - I just cannot add any new ones.
    My NAS is a Synology Diskstation.

Any Help would be much appreciated.
    Yes, I know this problem, I think the function of Search Network have some defects, I am prepare to check it.

Could you send the log to me ?

Comment

I have the same issue. I canīt mount any folder of all my devices. The only way to watch a movie i have to copy the file to the internal HD.

Comment

Originally posted by reklov View Post
        I have the same issue. I canīt mount any folder of all my devices. The only way to watch a movie i have to copy the file to the internal HD.
        Ting noted he was prepared to check it out and to send a log to him, from past experience its the fastest route to getting your problem looked at and fixed......if you want this fixed in feature releases send him your log outlined here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...og-submissions

Comment

Sorry I have no idea how to obtain the logs.
          The method documented here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...og-submissions does not work, it requests some password I do not know about. According to this thread https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...ed-by-password this method is no longer supported anyway, and when I try to follow the procedure documented in this thread I am able to log on however I can not see any way of downloading the logs.
          Is there a new way of downloading these logs?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	367633

Go to the local WebAPP, click on settings...see bottom right corner of included image. Then look for the zip file in your designated download folder.
            Last edited by Dead Eye; 05-05-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	367633

Go to the local WebAPP, click on settings...see bottom right corner of included image. Then look for the zip file in your designated download folder.

Or just click on add folder in that image avw611, and add the path to where your movies are on your NAS, Worked for me with various locations I have movies, I found this workaround after
              having the same issue as you when trying to add a path via the movie server, it would just hang then throw an error when trying to add my NAS

Comment

Thanks Dead Eye, sadly my WebAPP (<ip>:32080) looks a bit different, I have no Download Log button:

Name:	main_screen.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	367655

Name:	settings.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	367654
                Is there a different WebAPP I should be using?

Comment

What version of the SDK are you running?

Comment

Thanks lamster for your suggestion, I used Add Folder to add my NAS share. I'm not sure what it does though because I can't see any change or any new folder.
                    Maybe it takes a while - I will check again in a few hours.

Comment

What version of the SDK are you running?

Comment

avw611...if you do not have the screen I posted where did you add a folder...on your NAS or on the movie server?

Comment

Can you bump your SDK up to 1.0.3.7...or even go to the v20.. series?

Comment

avw611...if you do not have the screen I posted where did you add a folder...on your NAS or on the movie server?

Name:	main_screen_2.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	367662

Name:	Edit_Library.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	367663Click image for larger version

Name:	add_folder.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	367664

Comment

Can you bump your SDK up to 1.0.3.7...or even go to the v20.. series?
                              Pressing the OTA Update does nothing. I assumed (perhaps foolishly), that I have the latest version

Comment

Working...
                              X