No announcement yet.

Unable to search network from movie server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tip about how to avoid using the ip address, it was annoying to check the router for the new address each time.

Where can I get the latest beta version?
    I tried https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl-dvdfab/d...pdate.2002.zip (based on the original 1.0.3.6 url I had) but this does not work.

Comment

Are you part of the 'Insider Group'?

If not you can DM Signals and ask to be included, once your in then you will see the link to download it from the announcement form...the latest is v2002.
      Last edited by Dead Eye; 05-07-2019, 11:30 AM. Reason: Added more info

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
        Are you part of the 'Insider Group'?

If not you can DM Signals and ask to be included, once your in then you will see the link to download it from the announcement form...the latest is v2002.
        Pretty good advice 'Dead Eye', it's good to see members helping members like that. Agree 'avw611' should try V2002. Its a beta but it works so get a jump on it now.

V2002 beta is not in the insider group though, Ting posted it to everybody (public posting), not sure why the link didn't work for 'avw611', I tried his update link to V2002 and it in fact did not work, tried the posted link by Ting and it does work. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-2-beta-is-out Would advise 'avw611' to try updating again with said link.

Comment

Thanks Down2Earth, I like helping when I can! I occasionally did Tech Writing, which I like to do, in my job that I have since retired from, mainly I did electronic repair, network installations and software implementation.

Comment

Welcome back ..I do remember you in your past responses...….I'm sure you helped more than one poster in this thread!

Comment

SUCCESS!

I was able to download v2002 (using the public link provided to me by Signals - I am not a member of Insider Group) and update my Movie Server. The WebAPP now finally shows the elusive Download Log button. So far so good.
              I then tried the Search Network button on the Movie Server, but was faced with an endless spinning icon again. I tried the Add Network instead, and to my surprise I was able to add 2 shares successfully!

So my immediate problem appears to be solved.
              It makes me wonder what is the different functionality provided by the Search Network button and why is it not working. "Search Network" sounds closer to what I was trying to do.

Regarding the host name for the movie server, I cannot see it under my network list for some reason, so I'm still using the floating ip address. I was thinking of getting the router to assign a fixed address to the movie server, but haven't been able to get this to work on my router yet.

Comment

Progress!...good job!

What version of Windows are you running?

Mine disappeared on me a while back and I ran the 'Homegroup' trouble shooter and got it back.
                Last edited by Dead Eye; 05-08-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

As a helper avw611 you should make a sticky note to stick on your monitor on your PC with the MAC ID of your DMS. From there you can bring up an Administrator level command prompt and type arp -a, this will generate a list that is the 'Address Resolution Protocol' table for your network. You will see the IP address of your DMS with its MAC ID.

Once you get the IP address then type nbtstat -A <insert the IP address of your DMS>. You will get the hostname there!
                  Last edited by Dead Eye; 05-08-2019, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Got it, my device hostname is ANDROID_CCE10. My Windows version is 1803 (build 17134.706). I might give the trouble shooter a go tomorrow.
                    Thanks for all your help, it was much appreciated! And thanks for others who chipped in as well.

I have several other annoying questions on different Movie Server topics but I will save them for another day.

Comment

Good...can you use that host name now for the local WebAPP?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	7.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	367738
                      Last edited by Dead Eye; 05-08-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Yes, I can use the host name for the local WebAPP.

What version of Windows is the screenshot you provided?
                        I don't have it in control panel, apparently HomeGroup is no longer supported on W10:

Comment

I'm still on Windows 7.

BTW You can also use that host name in the 'Map Network Drive' functionality...it would be \\Android_*****\share. Glad everything is good!

Comment

Hmmm... I just realised that I've already done this before. I must have picked up the hostname from the router device listing a long time ago.
                            Not as a network drive, but a "quick access" link in File Explorer. So it's all good.

Comment

Did you fix the network issue?

Comment

reklov...pretty sure avw611 did, read post #36 of this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X