Possible Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Issues

1. This Beta is a major improvement. I haven't had a chance to fully test to report any specific problems.
    2. I noticed 2 issues that may be design intentions or problems. If problems, I'll provide more details. If not problems, let me know and I'll add as enhancement request.

- HDD temperature is only shown in C and no option to display in F.

- Collections with multi DVD movie shows each DVD as a member of the collection. For instance, if I have 5 Star Wars Movies and 2 of them are multi DVD of 2 each. I would expect the collection to report 5 movies. If I select a multi DVD movie I expect that to take me to a DVD selection of DVD 1 and DVD 2 as with TV series. What I see is a report of 7 movies with each of the 2 DVD movies being shown twice, i for each DVD.

Let me know if these are design features or problems.

To my knowledge, the drive temp has always been in C, as is common in industrial electronics. This is a pet peeve for me, as Fahrenheit degrees are smaller and thus provide higher resolution.

Name some of the specific titles that illustrate that 2-disc thing. The only 2-DVD I remember fairly recently was Schindler's List. Sounds like it would take another nested layer of Collectiion to do this, not sure if it's possible. Possibly just name them Part 1 and Part 2 or D01 and D02 in the volume title although I doubt they would scrape properly without manual intervention.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK then, F display is on the wish list. Should not be difficult - just a menu selections with a stored flag and a formula to convert for display.

As for the collections, one example is Lord of the Rings. Return of the King is 1 DVD, The Two Towers and The Fellowship of the Ring are each 2 DVDs. The collection shows 5 movies, 1 for Return and 2 of the same for the other 2. What it should show is just the 3 movies under the collections and then under each title, the 2 dvds just like a TV series lists the part 1 and part 2, etc. This has been an ongoing problem. Layout seems to ignore the volume title - I have tried D1, D01, Part1, Part2, and other variations.

From my view, the interface is still too primitive and won't allow me to reconfigure as I want. For instance, Even if I place movies under the Movie Directory, it insists on listing as a TV show. For instance, there are many made for TV movies with multiple parts such as Roots. I consider this a movie and not a TV show and want it listed as such.

In the past I've asked for the database structure and use so I can at least directly modify to suit my desires. A long long time ago, this was going to be made available, but nothing yet. If I had that information, I could examine the database and figure out why it isn't scraping correctly and configure it to display the way I want it to display.

Comment

The new movie scrapper seems to have issues. I cleaned my old data and loaded the new version (couldn't upgrade when update.zip downloaded to MAC only works on Windows). There appear to be a number of movies that it has gotten very wrong (Basic Instinct recognized as Basic Instinct 2 rather than the original) for example.

Comment

I'm also having issue with adding a link to my NAS server. I tried it via the Web App which connected to the server but it only allows me to select the highest level folder and not sub-folders like I had previously set up. There appears to be no way in the WebApp to drill down the directory paths. I can't delete this high level link via the WebApp either. I can only add links via the MS Server itself which is a pain.

Comment

Does it take a while for the MS to acquire background art. Most of my movies had background art available before. Now many do not appear to have any though the server is likely still building the library as I have around 1K movies and at least 500 episodes of TV. Others show background art but minimum that basically mimics the disc cover/poster.

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneS View Post
              1. This Beta is a major improvement. I haven't had a chance to fully test to report any specific problems.
              2. I noticed 2 issues that may be design intentions or problems. If problems, I'll provide more details. If not problems, let me know and I'll add as enhancement request.

- HDD temperature is only shown in C and no option to display in F.

- Collections with multi DVD movie shows each DVD as a member of the collection. For instance, if I have 5 Star Wars Movies and 2 of them are multi DVD of 2 each. I would expect the collection to report 5 movies. If I select a multi DVD movie I expect that to take me to a DVD selection of DVD 1 and DVD 2 as with TV series. What I see is a report of 7 movies with each of the 2 DVD movies being shown twice, i for each DVD.

Let me know if these are design features or problems.
              Can you using v2003 upload the log to me, so I can check the data and decide how to do it.

Thanks.

Comment

I was able to add a link to the NAS from the MS itself. The web app is always slow and doesn't work consistently. Most of the movies have now been identified but a few still exist that are issues. I'll post them separately. The same with the backgrounds not being available at all for most movies.

Here is the log ID :127657

Comment

Working...
                X