Not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback Not working

I've not been able to get my Movie Server to play ISO files. I have a 8tb drive filled with BD, DVD, and a few other file types. I followed the naming/folder conventions from this Forum. I am using the DVDFab software to make the copies. Generally, the BD ISOs show a buffering symbol, then crash and say to contact DVDFab; I sent a message from the website and the support person emailed back for me to post my problem in the Forum. I was able to get a DVD ISO to begin, but after about 4 minutes it crashed and took me back to the poster wall. The unit worked acceptably well when I first got it, and tried it out, with just a few files as a test. Then, I hooked the drive up to a computer and loaded it. I am working on another two 8tb drives. All these files will play on my laptop using VLC video player, so I know the files are not corrupted. The poster wall picked up and correctly identified better than 90% of the files, so that functionality of the Movie Server is acceptable. Without playback ability though, the unit doesn't really serve a purpose! Help!

Which version of the firmware do you have installed? The latest is v2.0.0.3 and there will be a new one soon. In the meantime, generate the zip of the logs (the later versions have this built in to the DMS gui) and send it to Ting, the product manager. You can try attaching it to a post here in the forum if it is not too large.If you have a problem supplying the logs, send me a PM and I will send you upload information for ftp.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You may not want to post logs here as the logs will have the network ID and password are in the database which is attached in the logs.

Comment

Originally posted by robram View Post
        I've not been able to get my Movie Server to play ISO files. I have a 8tb drive filled with BD, DVD, and a few other file types. I followed the naming/folder conventions from this Forum. I am using the DVDFab software to make the copies. Generally, the BD ISOs show a buffering symbol, then crash and say to contact DVDFab; I sent a message from the website and the support person emailed back for me to post my problem in the Forum. I was able to get a DVD ISO to begin, but after about 4 minutes it crashed and took me back to the poster wall. The unit worked acceptably well when I first got it, and tried it out, with just a few files as a test. Then, I hooked the drive up to a computer and loaded it. I am working on another two 8tb drives. All these files will play on my laptop using VLC video player, so I know the files are not corrupted. The poster wall picked up and correctly identified better than 90% of the files, so that functionality of the Movie Server is acceptable. Without playback ability though, the unit doesn't really serve a purpose! Help!
        About this problem, I need log to check the problem, so please wait next version, I add the function to send the player log when play failed.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X