Activating server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation Activating server

When are you going to get rid of activating the media server, it is a pain in the arse having to do it everytime you install a new firmware version or reset the movie server.

It shouldn't need activating more than once if you must have it, as it is when I am dead and gone my kids (Whichever one claims it) will end up with a useless brick if it ever needs reactivating

As it is I have to hope I know when I am going to die so I can give them my log in info for all my DVDFab products

Well, if you are activating your media server every time you do a firmware update you could be doing something wrong. I've never had to activate after firmware update, only on factory resets.
    Viking lost down under

Comment

Me neither, the only time I have had to do that was after a factory reset or purposely deleting everything.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Toerag View Post
        ...as it is when I am dead and gone my kids (Whichever one claims it) will end up with a useless brick if it ever needs reactivating

As it is I have to hope I know when I am going to die so I can give them my log in info for all my DVDFab products
        Well, to avoid that print up a label and tape it to the top or bottom surface of the unit and update your LWAT with any pertinent instructions to side step the drama that you envision!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocking Chair Grandpa.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	370792

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
          Well, to avoid that print up a label and tape it to the top or bottom surface of the unit and update your LWAT with any pertinent instructions to side step the drama that you envision!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocking Chair Grandpa.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	370792
          Thats a good idea, but still shouldn't need doing at all with hardware

Comment

Your welcome...but I have never had to do that and to my recollection I have not seen a post where anyone has had that problem. I can't image what is going on with your unit to cause that...SORRY!

Comment

Here we go again 2.0.1.0 stopped working altogether, would notm play anything, gone back to a older version had to put up with activating again, now it can't find anything. plus when you go in to maintaince it states no drive is present, even though there is as the sata drive shows up in video and can access files there.

I am beginning to think this is just a pile of scrap, and it would be out of warrenty

Getting to the point that I am going to teach the thing to fly

Comment

Have it generate a log file and send it to the devs for you. You will need to write down and post the Log ID number that it displays in this thread. Instructions for this are found here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...298#post370298 Don't forget to write down the Log ID and post it here.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ID 146754

List of problems

1: Some 3D ISO's will not play if the menu option is selcted on play back, reports that firmware needs updating or to use disc with 3D Compatible Hardware. play fine if just play movie is selected.
                  2: Always having to reactivate unit when firmware is changed downgrade or updated.
                  3: BlueTooth turns itself off and loose connection for bluetooth keyboard, has to be turned completly off and restarted to get it turned back on.
                  4: Titles that have been removed or moved to another Hard Drive on the network stay in the Movie data base and/or creating duplicate entrys
                  5: After a few days some movies regardless of format refuse to play at all. End up changing firmaware or reseting box to get playback working again.
                  6: Audio problems with MKV files that have VC-1 as video format and TrueHD or DTS-HD MA Audio, only get noise through Yamaha 7.1 AV amplifier. this is a old problem reported a while back, playback to TV without the AV being on sound is OK but only in Stereo and not TrueHD or DTS-HD MA.
                  7: TV shows backed up as full Blurays are not dected as Blurays, when editing it to try get it to show up in the libary you have to selct Season and episode number, and then only shows one episode in TV shows, this for example is Game Of Throns SEason 1 on UHD discs

In the time I have had this thing I have spent more time activating and editing libary than watching content

Comment

Working...
                  X