Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture printer for DVD and 4K UHD

Hello,

I have the software vers. 2.0.1.1. on my MovieServer. With DVD and 4k UHD as ISO on the internal as well as on an external attached hard drive the pictures jerky and do not run smoothly. The DVD is much more pronounced than the 4K UHD. For all other playback devices z.b. everything runs smoothly with the MediaPlayer of Fantec 4KP6800. How can that be, which attitudes could not be right there? The TV is a LG OLED 65 C 8 LLA. I'm grateful for any advice, because I like to put the MovieServer in operation, but he has to run smoothly.

... tried a little. As soon as the DVD or BluRay as ISO on the MovieServer exists and I start the film from the film menu, it jerks in the film. If I have the DVD or BluRay movie as m2ts on the MovieServer, the films run absolutely smoothly. The settings in the MovieServer under "Display Settings" are set to Standard. If anyone has an idea, it is up to the ISO file. I have DVDFab as version 11041

Comment

Hi Komet,
      I store most of mine as BDMV folder on my DMS and like yours, they play fine, but I have a few ISO of BDs that play well also, so I am not sure what causes your problem. Please let your DMS generate a log file as shown here https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...298#post370298 and note the Log ID number that the DMS provides, Type the Log ID number in a new post.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hello signal,
        many thanks for the answer. The ISO BD`s run with me so far without problems. These are DVD`s and 4K UHD`s. I found this when setting up the MovieServer in the movies "Ice Lolly 2" as a DVD and "Jonny English 3" as a 4K UHD. The problems appear several times in the first 15 minutes. Other films I have not tested because of the problems. Both always as ISO and from the movie menu the movie started. With the DVD, the picture does not run smoothly from the beginning and is jerky. With the 4K UHD there are a lot of jerks, especially with camera pans. Both but as m2ts file, of course, then only the movie, runs flawlessly. As BDMV on the MovieServer? I would like DVDFab currently with me as version 11.0.4.1. use available. It's nice to just read in the movie and send it directly to the MovieServer. One reason why I bought the MovieServer. The problems appear in my opinion always on ISO's and when I start the movie from the menu. That the MovieServer can play the menu was also a reason to buy. BD ISO's are up to now. I have created a LOG ID number. Thank you very much until here ...

Comment

Log id: 120917

Comment

... have tried it, even as BDMV the same problems, I think even worse. Once the disc menu is present and the movie starts from here, the problems are there. In order to start the menu of a 4K UHD I must put in the MovieServer under "display settings> Playback picture repetition frequency" on "off". Otherwise I only have one sound but no picture. As m2ts Passtrouth the same movie, absolutely no problems. Unfortunately, I can not transfer the BDMV file via DVDFab11.0.4.1 to the MovieServer folder "DVDFab> Movies". DVDFab 11 tells me "Too little storage space" though is sufficiently available. BDMV file I have created on DVDFab11 and transfer them separately to the MovieServer.

Comment

Understood and I am sorry you are having a problem with it. I will try a DVD ISO on my unit to see if I can duplicate the problem. The developers will be able to check your log now.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Okay, thank you...

Comment

I've reported this exact problem twice now and never had any response from the DVDFab team... I'm glad I'm not the only to notice this.

DVD ISOs have jerky playback, some worse than others. You really notice it when there is supposed to be smooth movement - eg titles scrolling up the screen, or the camera pans. It seems to be dropping many frames. Audio is unaffected.

Following a tip from another forum member, try selecting "2D" playback mode instead of "Auto" using the "Menu" button on the remote. Unfortunately you have to select this every time you play a DVD ISO, but It usually improves the playback, For me it only affects DVD ISO files, although I have no 4k video. Blu-Ray HD ISOs playback perfectly, as do MP4 and MPEG files. The problem also occurs on the AV output, so does not seem to be an HDMI or up-scaling problem.

Comment

... and now I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem. Of course it strikes me and it bothers me immensely! For me it is exactly as you described. BD-ISO's are perfectly played, but DVD's are very bad with very jerky pictures and then a little better on the next DVD. With 4K UHD Disk's it's better but the jerking is there, especially with pans and naturally visable. And always in the same places of the film. As m2ts file, the same movie, everything is fine. But I'm glad that it is not a HDMI or upscaling problem, I was already looking at me and have found no errors and no solution. Unfortunately! When I create a m2ts file, everything works fine. I bought the MovieServer because he can play ISO`s and play the menu. And then something. Thank you for your tip, I will of course try it out and report. But that you have to change it over and over again to be satisfied, is not sense of the thing. I'll try it today ...

Comment

... have tried it, unfortunately no improvement for me. It remains. For DVD, the picture is very shaky. At 4K UHD, the image of fluent> jerky> is fluid. Will it now on my Fantec 4KP6800 media player try the same films as ISO. Unfortunately, this can not play a disc menu. But ISO`s he plays off and he asks me if he should play the main movie. Will then report ...

Comment

... tried it with my Fantec media player. The same movies created as ISO with DVDFab verse.11. Everything is perfect and fluid! I think the problem is with the MovieServer.

PLEASE DVDFAB BETTER HERE URGENT !!!! ELSE I CAN NOT USE THE MOVIE SERVER !!!!

Comment

Selecting "2D" from the remote control menu button doesn't always help, and to be honest sounds a highly dubious way to partially fix it! However, for some DVD ISOs, surprisingly it does improve playback, although it rarely totally fixes it. Try it on other DVD ISOs, it might just make it watchable on some occasions.

This also doesn't seem to be a "startup" buffering issue because it continues throughout the DVD. Some of the time, some DVD ISOs are dreadful and there's nothing I have found you can do to improve the playback - rebooting, fiddling with menu settings and screen resolution and refresh rate - nothing fixes it.... The same ISO might playback better the next day.

It's a bit like an incorrect pull-down menu, where some frames are repeated, often jerking at an interval between about 0.5 - 1s.

It's also not a rare problem - I think most DVD ISOs are affected to some degree. For instance, a lot of DVDs start with the usual warning messages scrolling up the screen. Very noticeable jerky, jerky, jerky nearly every DVD!!

The same DVD ISOs all play perfectly with PowerDVD on PC.

Comment

... it is exactly like that. The same DVD-ISO can run better after a reboot or the next day, if you're lucky. Same with me. It is a constant problem which always exists. DVDFab11 does a great job, but that's not the point. As I said, the same DVD-ISO on another media player ... is running! And the 4K UHD's are not to be forgotten here, they run better, but also a lot of jerking! Again, the same ISO other media players ... is running! So the MovieServer is a very simple media player like everyone else. I also tried so much, it is with settings that I have the opportunity to get away. The ISO's are also perfect on the PC! PowerDVD brings me nothing, why did I buy the MovieServer?

This is definitely a problem to fix. What DVDFab, how's it going now?

Comment

Working...
                            X