Manual copy problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual copy problem

I have no problem using DVDFAB to make and copy backups to the DMS but when I try to manually try to copy files from my PC to the DMS
    it stops and tells me there is not enough disk space. There is 2TB available
    Any ideas?

See this thread....... https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-add-any-files

It doesnt matter if you are using fab to copy over or just dragging your own files it seems the issue is the same.

I started again with full format and drive format in GPT, had 1TB spare on my 8TBdrive, When I try to add a movie over the network via PC I get the "dont have enough space left to add" It says
    I only have 972MB of space.

If I unplug the drive and stick it in the caddy via PC then I see the 1TB space and can add movies no problem, the put drive back in MS and it then show new movies.

I still have the issue of that any movies that I delete still show up on the MS only way I can get them to not show is to do a rebuild, Not ideal fix tbh.

I think we need a way to delete a movie from the MS easily, Even if you manually remove the movie files then you could have a delete button to remove any remaining links ot the files/meta etc
    I still have a load of movies showing on my MS that have been deleted, Surely doing a rebuild to remove these is not the way to do it as it creates more problems with wrong posters etc.

Comment

IAMSTER

If you go to the local WEB interface, you should be able to select those deleted movies and then get rid of the entries using the trash can icon at the top of the page.

Caution though, it will also delete the file connected to that poster if it still exits.

Comment

In all cases of problems with the DMS, the first step is to generate a log and include the Log ID # in your post. See this post for more detailed instructions: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...298#post370298
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I installed Teracopy and was able to copy movies from my PC to the DMS with no problem. Still does not work using Explorer.

Comment

I just got switched over to Windows 10 and I had the same problem, even after enabling the SMB(Server Message Block) V 1.0 feature. Mapping the network share on the DMS or picking the folder using File explorer. What worked for me was using the 'Add a Network Location' function in file explorer. I added one for the main share(\\Android_XXXXXX\share) and one for the movies directory(\\Android_XXXXXX\share\sata\sata2\movies ). Works like a charm!

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
              IAMSTER

If you go to the local WEB interface, you should be able to select those deleted movies and then get rid of the entries using the trash can icon at the top of the page.

Caution though, it will also delete the file connected to that poster if it still exits.

Yes I know about the web interface I just think it wold be good if we could have a delete button direct on the MS in a future FW update, as I dont always have the computer on
              when I am messing about with the MS

Comment

Completely agree with that. The more functionality that is embedded in the MS itself, the better it is...

Comment

Ok this problem still happens in 2020. All usual methods of copying large media files from Windows 10 to DMS fail as "There is not enough space on share ..."

I have determined that Windows 10 sees the total Media Server storage capacity incorrectly and using the conventional ways of copying large files from a Windows directory to the Media Server fail.

With the latest 20.20 release of DMS firmware the solution offered by member Dead Eye in 2018 is no longer working for me.

The following method (Map Network Drive) is the only way that works for me now..
                  • If you have a PC Icon on your desktop then right click on it to select "Map Network Drive"
                  • If you don't have this icon then type in the bottom left Search window type Map network drive and the This PC App will open and one of the options to click is "Map Network Drive"
                  • A requestor window opens "What network folder would you like to map?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1083
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	378533
                  • Select an available Drive letter (M: works for me to represent Media Server)
                  • Browse the folder location "Network- >ANDROID_BXXXXX > sata > sata2 " (in my case my hdd files are in sata2)

Views:	968
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	378534
                  • Make sure Reconnect at sign-in is ticked
                  • Click Finish

Now in your Network location is the shared Drive (in my case M. Double click to open the map networked drive and the contents of my Media Server Internal drive appears. I can now copy huge files across without any problem. I also added a desktop shortcut for simplicity

Views:	910
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	378535

Views:	978
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	378537

Hope this helps

... Another DMS work around to add to the list ... It would be nice if the bugs were fixed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey mgn...do you have the SMB 1.0 parameter enabled? My DMS is not visible when browsing the network. I have copied some movies that I ripped since the latest firmware update and still have no problems.

Comment

I bypassed this problem by using Teracopy. works great.

Comment

Yes I made sure that as per your post #6, SMB 1 was enabled .. I have SMB 1,2,3 all enabled. I can transfer huge files to the Mapped Network Drive on my Media Server HDD via my network.

I checked again and still get the error "Not enough space ..." while trying to copy large files from my pc to the MS HDD using directories opened via Windows Network or links to file://Android_B02610/share.

The only way it works for me is if I Map A Network Drive letter to the Media Server hard drive, in my case to file:///M:/

Comment

mgn, my post in #6 didn't quite convey what I did to resolve that problem. After re-reading it I should have said that after experiencing this problem(..with SMB 1.0 enabled and the DMS visible on the network) I disabled the SMB 1.0 parameter and then used the 'Add Network Place' functionality. Windows 10 Pro comes with SMB 2.0 I believe.

I have since built a new PC, requiring a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. So on this installation I have not enabled that SMB 1.0 parameter. I can't map a drive using that dialog because the DMS is not visible on the network, so I can't select it. I think a lot of these types of issues would go away if the developers would get moved over to Android 7, the DMS is at 5.1.1.

Comment

Just to clarify so that others may resolve this issue.

After Mapping Network Drive to M: and creating a desktop icon shortcut that links to my Media Server drive, as I explained in Post #9, I disabled SMB 1.0 in the "Turn Windows Features on or off". This is to protect my system from possible outside attacks utilizing SMB 1 protocol.

(You can find this easily by typing "Turn Windows features..." in the Windows 10 Search box)

Views:	1061
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	378630

After making changes the Windows system needs to reboot.

Now the DMS (ANDROID_BXXXXX) will NO LONGER show up in the Network window or Network devices list (nor will any QNAP NAS with firmware older than 4.1 or any other old stuff as listed in https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...se/ba-p/426008).

However the mapped network drive I created M: and the Shortcut I created on the desktop still work. So I can still copy files between my PC and the DMS without needing to keep SMB 1 enabled. Also the DVDFab software will still recognize the "DVDFab Movie Server" in the save as pulldown box.

If you need to be able to see the DMS in your network folder or a list of network devices (such as when first mapping a DMS drive in your system) then you need to keep SMB 1.0 enabled. This applies to the current version of Windows 10 with full updates (Feb 2020) and DMS 20.20. Maybe they might fix this in future releases of DMS firmware.

Hope this helps.

And yes the DVD Fab developers need to work a little harder in updating their Android based device. The DMS is an expensive piece of hardware and these sorts of basic issues should have been discovered and fixed long ago. File transfer for PC to DMS is a basic necessary function and users should not have to resort to Tech Support and User Forums to get the basic functions working.

Comment

See this is what puzzles me...I am not having any issues with manual copy of files to the DMS using my 'Add Network Locations' shortcuts. I have the latest Windows updates and I have V. 2020 firmware on the DMS. My router is the Nighthawk X8 and the firewall settings are pretty much at default. To be honest I don't care if the DMS is visible as long as I can copy ripped movies over to it. The DMS is mapped on the network through 2 network switches before landing on the router. The DVDFab software sees the DMS in the 'Save To' pull down menu in my setup.
                              Last edited by Dead Eye; 02-23-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X