Cannot get TV series to move to TV Shows in Scraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.0 Beta Cannot get TV series to move to TV Shows in Scraper

I have all the season to The Bionic Woman (1970s series) and Emergency! (also 1970s series). They are showing in movies, each disc has a poster, but not for what it is.

For example, I try to update The Bionic Woman (both in the DMS and on the computer, and it will not. I select TV Shows, Enter the information, and it will not show The Bionic Woman, instead showing two movie posters. I have seasons one and two correctly in TV shows.

Same for Emergency! I have a couple seasons correctly displayed, but it will not change the foreign Emergency movie poster and move to the TV shows section. Have tried many times and cannot get these to properly scrape to TV Shows.

How are the files titled? (i.e. Emergency! s01e03, etc.) Is there any difference in the title format between the ones that worked and those that don't?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have The Bionic Woman series, I'll check mine when I get home. If it is fine, I'll show you how I named them.

Comment

My Bionic Woman does show 3 seasons. However,
        14 of the 18 Season 1 episodes show.
        22 of the 24 Season 2 episodes show.
        ALL 22 of Season 3 episodes show.

Also, the main entry point to the show Shows The Bionic Woman, but the season covers show as "Super Jamie". Didn't notice this before...

The Episode issues are a NUMBERING issue. Episodes in 2 or 3 parts are counted as 1 episode.
        However, the Discs have them as separate episodes. The only way to make these match would be to MERGE them.
        I'd rather not.

Consistency would be nice!
        Sometimes a series will combing 2 episodes into 1 but name them episode 1 and 2.
        Other times, like in the case. Episode 1 part 1 and the next files is Episode 1 part 2.

Tell us how to name these cases, and we all can live happy!

Thanks.

Comment

The problem seems to be inconsistent naming/numbering either in the database or on the original disc (or both). It seems to me the episodes that are in >1 part were shown on different dates and are really different episodes. I don't see how they could ever be correctly recognized as Episode 1 Part 1 and Episode 1 Part 2 by the DMS. Maybe the developers can think of something, but it won't be a 100% fix if the multi-part episodes are not handled the same way on each disc. Full Disc copy mode at least gives you the on-disc menu for choosing episodes.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            The problem seems to be inconsistent naming/numbering either in the database or on the original disc (or both). It seems to me the episodes that are in >1 part were shown on different dates and are really different episodes. I don't see how they could ever be correctly recognized as Episode 1 Part 1 and Episode 1 Part 2 by the DMS. Maybe the developers can think of something, but it won't be a 100% fix if the multi-part episodes are not handled the same way on each disc. Full Disc copy mode at least gives you the on-disc menu for choosing episodes.
            I agree, however, ISO takes up a lot more space. ( at least when I rip the episodes )
            Would it be possible to add an option on the ripper to flag episodes that are part 1, part 2 as merged. And the ripping process could combine them?

For naming...
            BIONIC WOMAN S01E01P01 (1976) - blah part 1.
            BIONIC WOMAN S01E01P02 (1976) - blah part 2.

Merging requires coping the files back to the computer, merging, copying back to the server and scraping.
            Not the end of the world, but I have had mixed results with the merge tool.
            Worked great for Schindler's List. Failed for Mad Mad World... both parts play fine... Until merged. File size maybe? Didn't investigate enough...

Comment

My suggestion was a temporary workaround for problem TV series only! The developers are a clever bunch, let's see what they can do.

Comment

Working...
              X