DVDFab 11.0.4.7 Can't Find DMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 11.0.4.7 Can't Find DMS

I am not sure if updating DVDFab caused this problem, but when I start DVDFab it says "Movie Server (NOT FOUND)" in the Save to: box in the lower left of the window. I can make changes to the DMS using its IP:32080 server and connect to SMB using the file://IP/share connection so I know the DMS is visible on my ethernet network. I have tried restarting DVDFab and rebooted the PC but nothing helps. I am back to copying to a .iso file and then copying the .iso to the SMB/DVDFab/Video folder. That works but then I have trouble getting the .iso to appear as a Movie or Video on the DMS server lists. I still wish DMS had some manual way of creating or editing besides "Fix Match".

TIA,John W

Thanks for the feedback, what is 1) the app version on your DMS (e.g. v2.0.1.0, etc) and 2) the OS on your PC?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am experiencing a similar problem with the new version of DVDFAB (11.0.4.7) and MS version 2010. In my case, I can select the MS as the destination, but after ripping the file to the hard drive, the transfer to the MS fails with a "network error". But there is no network problem as the MS is visible on my PC and I can manually transfer the file after the failure occurs.

Note that I was able to transfer several movies without problems. The failure is occurring when transferring episodes of a TVshow.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Thanks for the feedback, what is 1) the app version on your DMS (e.g. v2.0.1.0, etc) and 2) the OS on your PC?
        SDK 2.0.0.8

Windows 10 Home 64

When DVDFab can't find the DMS, it would be good to be able to check the last IP. In my case I set the IP statically at 192.168.2.100. This is because DMS seemed to use the IP to identify the user account, at least in the Member Center. This is not the first time the DMS was "lost" even though the web server and SMB work fine.

Thanks,John W

Comment

Originally posted by johnw413 View Post

SDK 2.0.0.8

Windows 10 Home 64

When DVDFab can't find the DMS, it would be good to be able to check the last IP. In my case I set the IP statically at 192.168.2.100. This is because DMS seemed to use the IP to identify the user account, at least in the Member Center. This is not the first time the DMS was "lost" even though the web server and SMB work fine.

Thanks,John W
          Please send us the dvdfab_internal.log and media.log file to help check the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
            I am experiencing a similar problem with the new version of DVDFAB (11.0.4.7) and MS version 2010. In my case, I can select the MS as the destination, but after ripping the file to the hard drive, the transfer to the MS fails with a "network error". But there is no network problem as the MS is visible on my PC and I can manually transfer the file after the failure occurs.

Note that I was able to transfer several movies without problems. The failure is occurring when transferring episodes of a TVshow.
            DVDFab 11.0.4.7 can see your MS, the problem was about failed to transfer TV shows to MS. It's not the same case as the topic in this thread. To make the posts easier to be followed and read, please start a new thread and post your dvdfab_internal.log,media.log file to help check it out. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please send us the dvdfab_internal.log and media.log file to help check the problem. Thanks.
              Logs are attached. This is the third time I have sent logs for you to see why the DMS is not found. In looking at the dvdfab_internal.log file I can see where it finds the DMS and shows its IP 192.168.2.100. I don't know why it shows as (Not Found).

Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone at DVDFab looked at the log files? I quit waiting on a fix and just copy movies to .iso and the move them to DMS using SMB. I have to create the folder in /Movies and hope that someday they will appear in the web server so I can do a "Fix Match". Meanwhile, DMS has changed many movies I had fixed to use different scraper info. It would be great if someone at DVDFab would allow users to create and edit DMS database entries. Otherwise, if I must use the DMS Video option, where I have to look through folders to find movies, then it is the same as a $40 media player. Is DVDFab still supporting DMS?

Comment

Hi johnw413, sorry for the delay in responding, please update to the latest version of DVDFab 11, it should work now.
                  Once the meta info of the movie is corrected, it should go from Video to Movies section automatically. You can also use the Search feature in DVDFab to correct it's meta before output.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	search.png
Views:	228
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	373386

Comment

Hello everybody,

It's been the same with me recently. DVDFab 11 Vers.11.0.5.3. find my DMS verse. 2.0.1.2. no more. Film can be copied without problems, the "Network Error Message" comes only when the file is to be copied from DVDFab11 to DMS. The DMS is in the network but available and I can manually copy movies to DMS without problems. Also from DVDFab11 out as the target of the DMS on the IP dial is synonymous. DVDFab Remote does not work anymore since then. A manual search on the IP and port number was also unsuccessful.

I recently had my Windows 10 Pro. Reinstall 64bit and thus also DVDFab11. In the train I have also DVDFab equal to the current verse installed. Since then I have the problem. With DVDFab 11.0.4.7. everything was okay.

dvdfab_internal Log I wanted to attach, but that did not work, I got an error message. Too big with 1.26 MB? Unfortunately I could not find the file Media Log.

What can I do?

Comment

Hi Komet ,

1. You can send the dvdfab_internal Log to my email account.
                      2. DVDFab MS Remote currently doesn't work, it's known, sorry about it.

Comment

Hello Mona,

Thank you very much, I have just done ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          Hi johnw413, sorry for the delay in responding, please update to the latest version of DVDFab 11, it should work now.
                          Once the meta info of the movie is corrected, it should go from Video to Movies section automatically. You can also use the Search feature in DVDFab to correct it's meta before output.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	search.png
Views:	228
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	373386
                          I'm not sure what is supposed to be fixed. The "Can't Find DMS" or "Movies copied to Video"? DVDfab still can't find the DMS!

From dvdfab_internal.log

When it worked:
                          2019.09.07-06:48:17: Show ProductsInfo Dlg 2
                          2019.09.07-06:48:17: Detected Movie Server 0: name=DVDFab Movie Server, ip=192.168.2.100, uuid=f0-62-0d-10-23-6f, path=smb://192.168.2.100/share/sata/sata2/DVDFab/
                          2019.09.07-06:48:20: Get cinavia info,(0,1)

Now:

2019.10.11-10:07:46: Show ProductsInfo Dlg 2
                          2019.10.11-10:07:48: Start show MainUI.

Why doesn't it have a log entry saying it is looking for DMS and what the return code is? DVDFab 11.05.01 still can't find DMS. This is after I accessed DMS both as web server 32080 and as an SMB share.

This shouldn't be hard to find or fix!

Thanks,
                          John W

Comment

Originally posted by johnw413 View Post

I'm not sure what is supposed to be fixed. The "Can't Find DMS" or "Movies copied to Video"? DVDfab still can't find the DMS!

From dvdfab_internal.log

When it worked:
                            2019.09.07-06:48:17: Show ProductsInfo Dlg 2
                            2019.09.07-06:48:17: Detected Movie Server 0: name=DVDFab Movie Server, ip=192.168.2.100, uuid=f0-62-0d-10-23-6f, path=smb://192.168.2.100/share/sata/sata2/DVDFab/
                            2019.09.07-06:48:20: Get cinavia info,(0,1)

Now:

2019.10.11-10:07:46: Show ProductsInfo Dlg 2
                            2019.10.11-10:07:48: Start show MainUI.

Why doesn't it have a log entry saying it is looking for DMS and what the return code is? DVDFab 11.05.01 still can't find DMS. This is after I accessed DMS both as web server 32080 and as an SMB share.

This shouldn't be hard to find or fix!

Thanks,
                            John W

---The "Can't Find DMS"
                            About this one, please attach the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and media.log file.

---"Movies copied to Video"
                            As for this one, please refer to the previous posts, use the fix match feature of Movie Server or the Search option in DVDFab 11.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mona;n373490]

---The "Can't Find DMS"
                              About this one, please attach the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and media.log file.

The last media.log file is dated 9/7/2019, which was the last time DVDFab 11 found the DMS. It did not seem to have anything of interest.

I've sent at least 3 dvdfab_internal.log files. I don't know why there is not more diagnostic information if DVDFab can't find DMS, especially if it has done so for months and the IP never changes. It is not clear how DVDFab finds the DMS. I would think it could ping the DMS by various methods. The help file that is linked is not helpful. If I can see the webserver and SMB share then DVDFab should be able to do the same thing. All I can do is write to a .iso file and manually copy via SMB. I can't use the "Fix Match" feature if it doesn't list the .iso file in the first place. Many times when I can use the Fix Match it says there are no matches found, which is worse than it used to be. Meanwhile, all I can do is go to Videos/sata/DVDFab/Movies and look through the folders. The poster feature is totally broken and has been for months.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X