DVDFab Forum - DVDFab 11.0.4.7 Can't Find DMS

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab 11.0.4.7 Can't Find DMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DVDFab 11.0.4.7 Can't Find DMS

    I am not sure if updating DVDFab caused this problem, but when I start DVDFab it says "Movie Server (NOT FOUND)" in the Save to: box in the lower left of the window. I can make changes to the DMS using its IP:32080 server and connect to SMB using the file://IP/share connection so I know the DMS is visible on my ethernet network. I have tried restarting DVDFab and rebooted the PC but nothing helps. I am back to copying to a .iso file and then copying the .iso to the SMB/DVDFab/Video folder. That works but then I have trouble getting the .iso to appear as a Movie or Video on the DMS server lists. I still wish DMS had some manual way of creating or editing besides "Fix Match".

    TIA,John W

  • #2
    Thanks for the feedback, what is 1) the app version on your DMS (e.g. v2.0.1.0, etc) and 2) the OS on your PC?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers.............

    Comment


    • #3
      I am experiencing a similar problem with the new version of DVDFAB (11.0.4.7) and MS version 2010. In my case, I can select the MS as the destination, but after ripping the file to the hard drive, the transfer to the MS fails with a "network error". But there is no network problem as the MS is visible on my PC and I can manually transfer the file after the failure occurs.

      Note that I was able to transfer several movies without problems. The failure is occurring when transferring episodes of a TVshow.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by signals View Post
        Thanks for the feedback, what is 1) the app version on your DMS (e.g. v2.0.1.0, etc) and 2) the OS on your PC?
        SDK 2.0.0.8

        Windows 10 Home 64

        When DVDFab can't find the DMS, it would be good to be able to check the last IP. In my case I set the IP statically at 192.168.2.100. This is because DMS seemed to use the IP to identify the user account, at least in the Member Center. This is not the first time the DMS was "lost" even though the web server and SMB work fine.

        Thanks,John W

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by johnw413 View Post

          SDK 2.0.0.8

          Windows 10 Home 64

          When DVDFab can't find the DMS, it would be good to be able to check the last IP. In my case I set the IP statically at 192.168.2.100. This is because DMS seemed to use the IP to identify the user account, at least in the Member Center. This is not the first time the DMS was "lost" even though the web server and SMB work fine.

          Thanks,John W
          Please send us the dvdfab_internal.log and media.log file to help check the problem. Thanks.
          DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
          For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab11>Log

          DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log
          For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab Player 5>Log

          Guide for adding attachments in a post
          --Please use attachment button to attach your most recent log files.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
            I am experiencing a similar problem with the new version of DVDFAB (11.0.4.7) and MS version 2010. In my case, I can select the MS as the destination, but after ripping the file to the hard drive, the transfer to the MS fails with a "network error". But there is no network problem as the MS is visible on my PC and I can manually transfer the file after the failure occurs.

            Note that I was able to transfer several movies without problems. The failure is occurring when transferring episodes of a TVshow.
            DVDFab 11.0.4.7 can see your MS, the problem was about failed to transfer TV shows to MS. It's not the same case as the topic in this thread. To make the posts easier to be followed and read, please start a new thread and post your dvdfab_internal.log,media.log file to help check it out. Thank you.
            DVDFab log default location:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
            For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab11>Log

            DVDFab Player 5:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log
            For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab Player 5>Log

            Guide for adding attachments in a post
            --Please use attachment button to attach your most recent log files.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mona View Post

              Please send us the dvdfab_internal.log and media.log file to help check the problem. Thanks.
              Logs are attached. This is the third time I have sent logs for you to see why the DMS is not found. In looking at the dvdfab_internal.log file I can see where it finds the DMS and shows its IP 192.168.2.100. I don't know why it shows as (Not Found).

              Attached Files

              Comment

              Working...
              X