Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Question Browser Urls for the Server

Hello,

could any one please "compile" a list (and make it sticky) with all the URL's to manage, administer and/or debug all the different versions (firmware) of the Server.

As MS favors smb2 for some time now and the fab server switched to smb2 but the pc-dms connectivity is problematic i had to go back to 1.36 ....

Will that Problems be adressed in the near future ....

cheers Alex

Originally posted by ahab666 View Post
    Hello,

As MS favors smb2 for some time now and the fab server switched to smb2 but the pc-dms connectivity is problematic i had to go back to 1.36 ....

cheers Alex
    Are you using Windows 10 Alex? The local Web App page is all that is supported with the V2 series of firmware, I use the DMS host name (//android_xxxxxx) instead of the IP address followed by the port number(:32080)/#/index, either way works.
    If you are using Win10 then in file explorer use the 'Add Network Location' tool and create the location that points directly to the folder you want. For example the main share path on the DMS would look like this...\\android_xxxxxx\share (..substitute the numbers of your unit for the x's). I have had no problems copying movies over to the DMS using this method. Enabling SMB 1.1 carries security risk and seems to have problems(..free space sizing) when copying files to the DMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
      Are you using Windows 10 Alex? The local Web App page is all that is supported with the V2 series of firmware, I use the DMS host name (//android_xxxxxx) instead of the IP address followed by the port number(:32080)/#/index, either way works.
      If you are using Win10 then in file explorer use the 'Add Network Location' tool and create the location that points directly to the folder you want. For example the main share path on the DMS would look like this...\\android_xxxxxx\share (..substitute the numbers of your unit for the x's). I have had no problems copying movies over to the DMS using this method. Enabling SMB 1.1 carries security risk and seems to have problems(..free space sizing) when copying files to the DMS.
      the second paragraph of your fix worked till i updated windows - a "security update" for internet explorer - as if anyone still uses that crap ... now i have to downgrade to 1.3.6 again - which is a pain in the ass because the library formats seem to be not "backward" - that DMS is a big and frustrating dissapointment. I guess i will have look for some other Hardware Player like Symbyas or similar. Shame on you DVD-Fab !

Comment

Try using another browser, like Firefox or Edge. I use the Brave browser and it works great. Did you try using the DMS host name in the browsers URL? As far as adding a Network Location the app that you want to use is the File explorer, not IE...which is crapware.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	373197
        The one with the green 'T' is the main share on the DMS(\\android_xxxxxx\share (..substitute the numbers of your unit for the x's), and the other two are commonly used folders on the DMS.

Comment

As a helper Alex you should make a sticky note to stick on your monitor on your PC with the MAC ID of your DMS (..or the My Products page on DVDFabs website list the DMS by its MAC ID). From there you can bring up an Administrator level command prompt and type arp -a, this will generate a list that is the 'Address Resolution Protocol' table for your network per adapter. If not then reboot the DMS and wait a bit and do it again. You will see the IP address of your DMS with its MAC ID.

Once you get the IP address then type nbtstat -A <insert the IP address of your DMS>. You will get the hostname there! Then create your network locations using the prefix '\\'.

Comment

Sold advice from Dead Eye!

Don't blame DVDFab for Windows 10 so-called updates. They think users are idiots and should have no control over how their PCs are used.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals!
              Alex, you don't need to downgrade for the problems you are experiencing...just try the solutions provided!...and don't use IE...ever!
              Good Luck!

Comment

Okay maybe i explained it the wrong way - after the MS Windows update I was indeed still able to find my DMS in the network environment, i even was able to open the sata folder - but not the sata 2 one - the one with the HDD in the DMS hardware. The same with my Android_2a???? shortcut, as a link, hardlink or junktion but opening the sata 2 or sata 1 drive was not possible any longer, same with sda and sdb (usb-drives) visible but un-openable. Most interesting: the creation date for the sata 1 and the sata 2 folder=shares were identical - 01.01.2015 00:00 at that date the DMS was not even dreamt up by anyone .....

cheers Alex

Comment

Strange indeed...as obvious as this might sound I will ask it anyways...are the system dates and times and time zones the same across the network and all it's devices? You are a member of the Administrator Group...right? Do you get a message that indicates a "Lack of Rights' when the access fails?

Comment

I checked my system and I found this date on my 'SATA' folder...

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	373229

I don't think that date is a problem as I have no issues relating to access in my DMS...something else is going on.

Comment

Then going into that folder has the date that I last copied content into a folder on that drive...

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	373231

Comment

Working...
                      X