Screen Shot from the TV (DMS hardware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Shot from the TV (DMS hardware)

How can I create screen shots from my TV - DMS Box (with the remote control ???) and transfer them to use them on my computer later ?

Cheers ahab666

Ahab,
    You will need to have a keyboard connected, either USB or Bluetooth. Then press Fn+F7, it will store them internally in \sdcard\Pictures with a time and date stamp. I use this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but there are many available. It also makes editing metadata or entering text for passwords much easier.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Ahab,
      You will need to have a keyboard connected, either USB or Bluetooth. Then press Fn+F7, it will store them internally in \sdcard\Pictures with a time and date stamp. I use this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but there are many available. It also makes editing metadata or entering text for passwords much easier.
      Well - here is my problem, I cannot access anything on my DMS from my computer - in another message you stated that Microsoft thinks the users are stupid, so they restrict their operating systems - well try apple to see real restrictions - but OS-X works better that's right. And I am not a stupid user, at least I hope so .... here are some screen shots and a little *.cmd file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-07_19h37_44.png
Views:	306
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	373245

Name:	2019-10-07_21h16_55.png
Views:	196
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	373246
      --------------
      net use z: /delete /YES
      net use z: "\\ANDROID_2A2510\share\sata\sata1" 12345 /USER:administrator
      net use z: "\\ANDROID_2A2510\share\sata\sata2" 12345 /USER:administrator
      net use z: "\\ANDROID_2A2510\share\sata\sata3" 12345 /USER:administrator
      net use z: "\\ANDROID_2A2510\share\sata\sata4" 12345 /USER:administrator
      net use z: "\\ANDROID_2A2510\share\sata\sata5" 12345 /USER:administrator
      net use z: "\\ANDROID_2A2510\share\sata\sata6" 12345 /USER:administrator
      net use z: "\\ANDROID_2A2510\share\sata\sata7" 12345 /USER:administrator
      net use z: "\\ANDROID_2A2510\share\sata\sata8" 12345 /USER:administrator
      net use z: "\\ANDROID_2A2510\share\sata\sata9" 12345 /USER:administrator
      pause done
      ------------------

Works perfectly well up to DMS 1.36 .... Does not work in DMS 2.x., no matter if i activate SMB 1.x in Windows or not ....

After using that script i still do not see my DMS-Box in the network environment - but at least the mapping works :

So here are my questions :
      1. can you please reintegrate SMB 1.1 in Android or the DMS OS ?
      2. can you please integrate a NFS Server in Android or the DMS OS ?
      3. can you please make 3 changes like
        1. Please make the Mix of the /mnt/sata/sata n disk hereditary but e.g. /mnt/sata/sata n/movies can be changed and overrides the parent
        2. Please create 2 other Categories TV Movies for TV produced Movies and Shows and
        3. No Scrape .... for all drives that infuse into the Library - don't even show up in the Video Category.
        4. can you please create a 1.3.6. Version that shows no notification for an OTA Update
      thx for reading and keep on you good work !

Cheers alX

Comment

I fail to see how building in network vulnerability via SMB 1.1 is productive to anyone...including OS-X users.
        First published on TECHNET on Sep 16, 2016 Hi folks, Ned here again and today’s topic is short and sweet: Stop using SMB1.

Comment

@ signals : the above Message was primarily meant for you .....

@ Dead Eye - i read that M$ article - and I all ready tested the "Function discovery provider Host" / "Function Discovery Resource Publication" solution on severals Windows computers in my Lan - works down to XP (had to borrow a laptop for that) - i will still check it with a MacBook and if i can find one a Chromebook.

BUT are similar services available in Android and if yes are they switched on by default. If they are there but not active i guess that should be on top on the to do list for the fab developers - should be relatively easy.

I'd like to able to copy/move screenshots from the internal DMS Drive (sdcard) to my PC and i'd like to copy/move files to any installed sata drive and/or any connected USB hdd / ssd / thumbdrive. That was the reason for asking for an NFS server / NFS share implementation.

cheers Alex

Comment

Hi ahab, I have passed your request to the DMS product Team for consideration. And you are 100% correct about Apple OSs, generally solid but limited options for users, same as M$ft. Sorry you are having difficulty with this. For the screenshots, you can easily copy them to a USB jumpdrive, as shown below.

From the poster wall,select Videos, then Local Storage, then SD Card. then Pictures, the captures are in the Screenshots folder. Highlight the one you want to move then Press the Menu button on the remote (upper left around the circular button) and you will see the menu items shown below. Select the file you want to move (highlight) and click Copy. Now Open the USB drive and click the Menu button again and click Paste. The file will be moved to the USB drive where you can access it from your computer.

Name:	moviepics2.png
Views:	189
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	373377

Name:	moviepics3.png
Views:	189
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	373376

This shows the file on the USB drive on the DMS

Name:	movepics4.png
Views:	203
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	373375

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@ signals : let me explain my situation ....

I live in a big house (2-3 family house by European standards) under the roof. I try to keep my living environment in the second floor as microwave free as possible - so I moved my home-office/ hobbies room like servers, computers a.s.o. into the basement, my living room is my home theater and music listening room besides other things. No Wi-Fi in the whole house too.

I even ask my visitors / customers to leave their cell phones in their cars, my Faraday-Box or my office, where I have a cell-phone wired telephone gateway. It might sound extreme, but I was able to cure nearly 10 years of chronic insomnia, heavy headaches / migraines, loss of appetite, intestinal problems, high blood pressure and general immune system deficiencies within only 3 to 6 months.

I wanted to recommend the DMS to my tenants in the ground floor and first floor but I could not do that as long as they have to go down to my office room and use an external HDD to copy or move the videos they download or create on the servers.

Well that's just my situation - I guess NiX and Linux users don't have that problem - BUT - M$ and OS-X probably will remain the dominat operating systems in the foreseeable future - and if Microsoft and Apple are not able to get their act together the average user has to suffer, hope for solutions from the experts, like Hardware and Software developers or learn NiX/Linux. I don't know if it is too much to ask that the DMS has to be connectable and administrable with the most mainstream operating systems.

My question remains - i switched SMB 1.1 on my PCs off, added a password to my DMS in the advanced section and try to connect from my PC - it works but i can only open the share named "share" - there i see the directories "[asec, obb, sata, sdb, sdcard, secure and shell]" but opening them is not possible ... i get an error message by windows that the listed shares are not available / do not exist.

That might be caused by a/the firewall setting/s and/or by the local anti-virus/malware software and/or by setting7s in my local router/gateway. I will take my DMS to the basement and try to connect it directly to one of my reference/test bench computers .... if that fails as well only DMS remains as the problem.

If you ever plan to redesign the DMS Hardware i'd like to give you some input during the primary engeneering / design phase.

cheers Alex aka ahab666

Comment

Originally posted by ahab666 View Post

My question remains - i switched SMB 1.1 on my PCs off, added a password to my DMS in the advanced section and try to connect from my PC - it works but i can only open the share named "share" - there i see the directories "[asec, obb, sata, sdb, sdcard, secure and shell]" but opening them is not possible ... i get an error message by windows that the listed shares are not available / do not exist.

cheers Alex aka ahab666
                I'll be the first to admit that I don't know anything about OS-X but it seems to me that if you can open up the main network share but can't drill down any further than that then something is missing or not installed in your network stack...like this...

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	373510
                Not sure if Apple has such a thing.

Comment

This probably has nothing to do with what you are experiencing, but it is still is a good watch...40 minuets!
                  Learn about powerful new APIs in macOS that you can use to create apps that extend and customize the networking capabilities of macOS...

Comment

Dead Eye : sorry if you had the wrong impression - I am mostly using Windows computers, the mentioned Apple devices are just there as learning devices for me, some of my customers use apple computers and devices, so I need to know at least some basics about that Hard- and Software, but I am less involved than any ambitious long term Apple user.

And yes all the protocols are there, they are functioning and enabled.

Comment

would this work ?? - https://www.dvdfab.cn/resource/video...omputer-screen

Comment

No, it is about Windows 10 and iOS devices. DMS is Android.

Comment

Alex...well something isn't right if you can't drill down into the folder structures within the main network share on the DMS. Can you do that when you enable SMB 1.1 within the Windows environment? What mix of Windows versions are running in this network layout of yours?

Comment

Alex, have you ever diagrammed the Network structure in your house / business? Based on your description in post #7 it sounds extensive and would be worth the time and effort to do that. I used Excel to do mine using the 'Shapes' and 'Symbols' inserts to get a good representation of my network structure. During the process you might even find a problem...generally you do not want hubs or crossover cables anywhere. I can post mine if want to get an idea of where to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
                              Alex, have you ever diagrammed the Network structure in your house / business? Based on your description in post #7 it sounds extensive and would be worth the time and effort to do that. I used Excel to do mine using the 'Shapes' and 'Symbols' inserts to get a good representation of my network structure. During the process you might even find a problem...generally you do not want hubs or crossover cables anywhere. I can post mine if want to get an idea of where to start.
                              Hello Dead Eye and all,

sorry for the delayed answer ..... busy and tired of that samba issues by M$ and DMS's slow or no solutions...
                              and no my netrwork is very simple - one gateway for the ISP, one cabled vpn router utilizing 3 virtual Networks on the LAN side, several unmanaged and one managed switche(s), no hubs, no POE
                              most used network protocols/share types in use are SAMBA, NFS,FTP, SSH and for testing purposes only AFS
                              one centralized file/media/appl server (Debian), several streaming boxes including the DMS, several computers mostly M$, Ubuntu ....

What I have established so far. all on the Computer/PC (M$) side:

1. Seeing Computers in the Network Neighborhood or File Explorer needs Samba 1.0 or samba 1.1 enabled and a successful Computer Browser election.
                              2. Removing SMB 1.x features in Windows make SMB 2+ only devices invisible.
                              3. Seems like there is no anonymus,pwd-empty guest access possible with SMB 2+ only devices
                              4. Only a user named Administrator is available on the DMS with SMB2+, no user/password phrase is displayd when opening the DMS shortcut on the computers
                              5. The directory and files security settings in SMB 2+ on the DMS seem not to change when changing the password in the advanced settings
                              6. I still can't drill down into my file/folder structures in the Share named share or any other dir in the MS file explorer.so there seems to be an inheritance/rights problem there as well
                              No matter if SMB1.x is enabled or not.

So here is my idea how the Fentango Coders can solve the issue with a minimum of efforts :

1. ON DMS v2+ machines allow optional SMB 1.1 compatibility or at least implement some aspects of it like the Computer Browser
                              2. Allow User/Password adminbistartion for SMB 2+ and/or anaon/Guest-access in read only mode
                              3. Implement a NFS-Server or at least shares on the DMS so all the SMB trouble vanishes instantly
                              4. For the risk takers - allow Bonjour as well - NOOOO just kidding

cheers Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X