Resume from screen "issue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback Resume from screen "issue"

When setting up a playback folder for the server to work through I would like to be able to set it and have it work through the files. However, if any have been previously viewed in a certain way it may/does prompt for input on the question of resuming the file from the previous location or starting over. It will stay at this prompt forever. This could easily cause a burn in issue, but more annoyingly it will require intervention when none is wanted to resume playing. Is there a setting to remove this function or something to get around it?

I have always wondered why when you select the 'Clear History' function that it didn't also clear any file level play/resume markers. It would be nice to have a global setting to turn it off.

Comment

The very earliest versions of this did not have the resume playback feature and it was added at the request of many users, so I think we will have to live with it. I see no reason why it could not be globally turned off however if you never intend to use it. Maybe that could be added in the future. To clear it along with the playback history is a different thing, since the playback of the interrupted title has not completed and many might not want to wipe it along with titles that actually have been completely watched.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Perhaps a 'Polling Thread' should be created since the DMS user base changes over time. I know I would use a 'Playback History' ON/OFF global setting...to the 'OFF' position.

Comment

I do not disagree, just make it a feature request.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

As it is, this feature's introduction is now basically a bug requiring user intervention. It's good to make requested changes, it's better to properly think them through. I'm still waiting for an option to set the jump forward time myself so I can set it to something useful like 30 seconds.

Comment

Working...
            X