Features That Need to be Fixed/Repaired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking Features That Need to be Fixed/Repaired

I can't create a log about this because I've unplugged my DMS until I can use it on my network. Hopefully, someone who also has this problem can create a log.

I would like to add something to this list. Please fix the buffering problems that exist when playing movies via nas so that ALL audio streams can be played without constant buffering. This works when playing directly from the internal drive but not through my synology nas. My synology nas has no problems with HD audio through any other of my other media servers or players...including dvdfab player 5. Thank you.
    Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

This was listed in the other thread. Thanks for the feedback, I have not talked with the developers since the recent holiday and do not know the current task list, but this is a known issue for some users.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals,

Please pass on the issues with UHD buffering over network as its been going on for far to long (over 18months) and was on one of the lists to be fixed back in the early 1.x fw days but never has been.

All HD audio formats including dtsX and Atmos play fine from NAS if they are Blu-Ray (BD25 or BD50) Even 3D with Atmos or dtsX play perfect, Its only when you try to play UHD content from NAS that the issues start, Some movies are a lot worse than others, but they play fine if added to the internal HDD of the DMS.

I got that fed up with it that I installed a bigger HDD just so I could store and watch UHD from it.

As I said in the other thread, The DMS doesnt generate a log for this issue as the movie is playing, it doesnt crash it just starts to buffer/stutter, sometimes it can be as soon as you start the movie, others it can be 10 minutes or so before it rears its ugly head.

If you want a list of my setup then I can pass this over so you know its ot a network issue.

Cheers.

Comment

This feature is why the box is a doorstop, same UHD content plays just fine on my AppleTV 4k with FireCore, zero stuttering, with DMS it won't play for 5 minutes before it becomes unwatchable. I've nailed it down to certain movies i haven't done a is it just one studio, but i did look at bitrates and when it gets high it craps out, this is a nic driver/ not big enough buffers issue or the box just doesn't have enough horsepower to feed that much bandwidth on the NIC and render the video etc.

Lets be real this product is a failure compared to the DVDFab suite and we are soon going to be out of warranty and have never had a fully functional box that worked as advertised.

Scraping will ever be perfect it has gotten better, but core base functionality and stability has never really been there, the fact that a lot are still running 1.0.* versions shows that the scraping fixes isn't worth the playback issues introduced with those fixes, unfortunately the old version still has the buffering/performance issue so aka doorstop.

I own over 100 UHD discs and have a closet full of Blu-ray and DVD content, i want this solution so i don't have to go searching for the right disc, or settle for inferior streaming quality.

Perfect box:
        Content on NAS, lets be real even the largest HDD in it for real collectors will be enough
        Dolby Vision Layer 2, HDR10 (+), HLG (DV i don't believe was ever promised but would be nice)
        Audio Passthrough for Atmos /DTSX (does this great)
        DVD/Blu-ray/UHD in ISO/MKV etc. (does everything but UHD from NAS)

So the product is really close to my ideal product, its just missing one feature never promised but sadly falls flat on a core promise of UHD content over network.

To be fair my current solution falls flat on no audio pass-through so i get TRUEHD in PCM without the Atmos portion which sucks as well, and it only supports Dolby Vision Layer 1 i believe.

I'm hoping this next year with the Realtek 1395 that we get something with real dolby vision (L2) support from a vendor, but I haven't been able to verify it is L2 and not just L1 support for the new chip.

Still hoping someone actually puts real effort into this product and gets it right, but sadly after 2 years of empty promises its a pipe dream at best.

Comment

Working...
        X