Merged "Ten Commandments" movie iso fails to play 2nd title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.2 Merged "Ten Commandments" movie iso fails to play 2nd title

I used DVDFab ver. 11.0.5.5 to merge both Blu-ray discs of the Ten Commandments into one ISO file, for playback on DMS v.2.0.1.2. I know both titles are present because when I play back the ISO file with Cyberlink PowerDVD, the 2nd title loads after the 1st ends (at the intermission since the 1st part is 2 hours and 15 minutes long). However, DMS only sees the first title and after it ends, it kicks back to the play menu. What gives?

Which merge function did you use, the one in Copy mode or the one in Ripper?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I tried doing this for the "Lord of the Rings" Blu-rays. Tried using creator to author a new ISO with a simple menu to access the two parts. Was disappointed to find out DVDFAB would not create an iso large than BD-50, so the files wound up being compressed to fit 50 GB. (I don't have the 4K create/ripper modules. Perhaps they would help with this problem)

Also tried using the ripper module, but that forced a re-encoding of the files (not that big of a deal) and the resultant file did not handle multiple audio tracks very well (the tracks on disk 1 and disk 2 come up separately, so instead of 2 extra tracks in the file, you get 4. Only the main audio track gets merged together).

I finally solved it this way:
      1. Rip each movie to an MKV file using the MKV pass-thru profile.
      2. Merge the 2 files using MKVTOOLS. This is a free program that can be downloaded online. It works quite well.

The end result is a single mkv file (rather large) that plays perfectly with no loss of quality and all audio/subtitile/chapters are merged correctly.

I did get a warning message from MKVtools that the merge might not work because of some internal data that was different in the 2 files, but ti worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Which merge function did you use, the one in Copy mode or the one in Ripper?
        Used Copy mode merge function. However I didn't use any menu - might try that next.

Comment

Working...
        X