Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Feedback MovieServer wishes, criticism and suggestions

Hello everybody,
    I would like to open this thread because I see great potential in MovieServer. Perhaps we can bundle here written wishes, criticisms and suggestions, in the hope that the developers see this and perhaps let action speak.

I have version 2.0.1.2. on my MovieServer and currently working with DVDFab verse 11.0.5.6.

- The buffering issues with 4K UHD movies over NAS (server) should finally be fixed. Playback on the internal hard disk is running smoothly.

- The problems with the playback of DVD and BD ISO`s (also 4K UHD) should be solved. When playing back from the menu, the film jerky and does not run smoothly. As m2ts file, the same movies from the internal hard drive run without problems. Also the ideas from this forum to solve the problem z.b. to put the complete disk as a folder on the MovieServer were unsuccessful.

- I would like a rubric "Unviewed Movies". The MovieServer should bring order in the many films. Unfortunately, I do not even have an overview of which films have not yet been seen. Maybe in the form of a little tick in the cover.

- Open and create a collection yourself. So far, I can only add if the MovieServer has opened one. But if he does not, I can not even open one myself. I have experienced this several times, sometimes he does it and again not. I really wanted to create one myself.

- MovieServer Web Manager does not display the movie's runtime correctly. With me always 2 or 3 minutes.

- Sort and delete function of "Recently viewed movies" and "Recently added movies". As soon as I delete a movie via the web manager a white cover remains. So that I get the way I have to delete the whole course.

This should not be a criticism, I only want to express wishes and suggestions from someone who uses the MovieServer daily.

What about with you...

I wish DMS (currently 2.0.1.2) would play the 2nd and later parts of merged BD and DVD movies that I created in one ISO file. PowerDVD has no trouble with it. I am currently experimenting with merging Ten Commandments into a BD folder, and will see if that works.

But I agree having to wipe out your entire movie collection when you have multiple versions showing of the same movie, or if you delete a movie or if it winds up in the wrong collection, is a major pain. I have also found out that if you replace a DVD ISO file with the same movie but BD format ISO file, DMS won't play it from the poster wall almost all the time. You have to play it directly from the folder view.

Comment

All,
      All the feedback for the DMS is highly valued and put to use by the developers. It is better to put problems/requests in your own thread rather than gather them in one like this, it's hard to follow and track so many different posts when replying or if more information is required to duplicate a problem. For failures or bugs, always let the DMS submit a log and post the Log ID# in your thread.

Some of the requests (like Collections management by user) are already on the to-do list, hopefully we can see them soon. Please continue the feedback!
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X