No announcement yet.

ID 174004 - External hard drives no reaction after 15 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But what about "nomedia 'file trick"? That does not quite understand.

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...ry-search-path

Last edited by Down2Earth; 11-05-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

There are at least 3 copies of that file '.nomedia' (...and yes, that is a period before the 'nomedia') in the DMS main share. One is at...
      \\android_xxxxxx\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.dvd fab.box.launcher\temp - replace the 'xxxxxx' with the numbers that match your unit.
      It prevents the scraper from looking at content in a designated directory structure. I watch a lot of older documentaries and other obscure content that I get at Half Priced Books that if allowed to be scraped would generate a lot of false meta data and posters. I for one do not use the poster wall that much, but the few times I have looked at it I know that it would drive me crazy to put the time in to try and correct them. My documentaries folder has a lot of sub-folders so I just put this file in the root of that directory, then nothing below that gets scanned. The only directory on my unit that gets scanned is the movies directory. This makes sure my poster wall stays as accurate as possible.
      As far as putting a WD Red drive in an external enclosure, just keep in mind that you have now put a 'bridge' between the drives SATA interface and the USB output port on the enclosure.

Comment

... now I got that with the "nomedia" file. Thanks for the info and the tip. I myself have a lot about the billboard. I believe that with the many old documentaries the covers do not fit. Actually, it always fits in with the movies and correcting is actually very easy. Worse is the collections if the system itself does not create collections. Thankfully, the "Create a collection yourself" is among the developers on the to do list. It is absolutely necessary!

What do you mean by a bridge, what is she good for? I still have a second 10TB WD Red hard drive. I wanted to put in a docking station for hard drives and connect via USB 3.0 to the DMS in the hope that this is not in sleep mode.

Thanks for coming here ...

Comment

The 'bridge board' is the little circuit board that converts SATA block commands to USB packets for I/O in both directions. Comes in many different packages. Anything that converts one type interface to another. They have their own SMD's, EEPROM's, LED's and firmware code.
          Last edited by Dead Eye; 11-07-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

... okay thanks for the tip and the info. I tried it and connected the 10TB WD NAS Red Hard Drive to a docking station on the DMS. And here, too, the hard drive turns off completely after 45 minutes, although I told her via WD software that she should not go to sleep mode.

This is too time consuming for me and I just stay with my 10TB WD NAS Red internal hard drive in the DMS. I just do not know how to go on. Too bad about all the hard disks I have lying around here. But error message, not start the movie and just turn off the disks is not for me. Everything works with the internal one. Also 4K UHD movies in Dolby Atmos ... everything works.

Comment

Try a solid sate drive if you have one.

Comment

All, please try the v2.0.1.3 Beta for this issue.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X