Observations of 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.1.3 Beta Observations of 2013

Updated to 2013 a few weeks ago. Update went okay, except I noted many duplicate posters on the poster wall. Finally traced this to the fact that my USB drives had been automatically added to the media library using "/mnt" path, but my original "/smb" paths were not removed. This caused the duplicates. I deleted the /smb paths, but this left "blank" entries in the media library. path list. After much effort, I did a "clear data" per the published procedure and then rebuilt the library.

This worked okay except for 1 collection. The system refused to add episode 4 to the Star Wars Collection.

COLLECTIONS
    I was able to add the missing episode back to the Star Wars collection using the function in the DMS. This is a nice feature and worked well. However, after adding, I noticed that the episodes in that collection appear in no particular order. All my other collections show up in release date order, but Star Wars is totally random. This should be fixed so collections show in release date order, or at least give the user the ability to sort how they would like them.

USB Drive sleep modes
    The problem where sleeping USB drives would generate an error when first accessed appears to have been corrected. This is nice improvement and much appreciated.

Custom Collections
    Was very happy to see custom collections are back in the system after being gone for over a year..However, the functionality is pretty basic. It is about equivalent to what was originally there. It is a good start, but can use some enhancement.

Created collection use the poster for the first added movie as the collection poster. Really need the ability to add a different poster for that function
    Deleting a movie from a collection (or the collection itself) is a bit complicated. Once you figure it out, it's not too bad, but takes awhile to figure it out.

Custom collection appear to sort in the order movies are added. Again, this should be user controllable or at least done in release date order.

The search screen keyboard for "add movies" does not have a space. Makes thing a bit difficult to search for, particularly for movies that start with "The"

It appears custom collections do not show up in the WEB interface. At least they did not for me.

Other Stuff
    I had been told that the numerous problems with "TV SHOWS" would be addressed in a coming release. Was disappointed to see that this release did not address any of those problems.Hopefully, one day, we will see some improvement in that area.

Overall, the release is a step in the right direction..

Tb, good feedback, thanks.
    Some of the shortcomings you mentioned are known issues or already on the to-do list.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X