Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete Entries + Network problems

2 Questions...

* How do I delete entries in the poster wall (in fact, I have changed a folder name and the old entry/movie still shows up in the poster wall)?
    * I can find back the movie server with my laptop but not with my desktop PC and I can see both PC's in my network. Anybody had a similar problem? Pinging the movie server from my desktop PC works...

Txs,

Bart

1st - As far as I can see....the DMS is going to save a copy of entries weather you update your library or not, rebuilding the library might get rid of unwanted copies from the wall but that should be the last resort and not really needed in this case. If you delete anything from the wall after updating and it is still there, you will need to go on to the web manager to delete it from there. Then press the 'Return', button on the remote to refresh the wall and go back to whatever icon you was in….'Movies'....'TV Shows'...…..etc..... and it should be gone.

2nd - Not sure why you can see the DMS on your laptop and not your PC. Are both running the same operating system? There is some past information on here about SMB2 and SMB1 where SMB2 you can not see the server, where as SMB1 you are able too if it is enabled. Sounds like a setting on the PC is different from the laptop. Maybe someone else can add to that, would need to know a bit more surroundings to your working environment.
    Last edited by Down2Earth; 01-08-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I believe d2e is correct on both matters. The “can’t see it” is almost certainly a network setting or environment difference between the two PCs.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks.

Problem 1 has been solved. Apparently I was using the old web manager so deleting didn't work there. That has now been solved.

Problem 2 I have looked up the SMB-posts. - Will update if I can make it work.

Have a new one: Chasing Gold (2016) I cannot find a match though the movie is on Imdb.

Bart

Comment

Bart....about Chasing Gold (2016)....it looks like you have a unicorn, where it has an IMBD (id/index) number but hasn't be uploaded on The Movie DB yet as an online source. The TMDB/TVDB is where the DMS fetches the metadata from, can't find a match since it's not there.

I have not done this yet but you can actually upload the movie metadata yourself to the TMDB database. Also I believe you can enter and upload the meta information if you are using DVDfab to rip your movies. ....just some other options. I haven't ran into where I needed to add any metadata yet but worth a try!
          Last edited by Down2Earth; 01-09-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for this info Down2Earth. I have Lost Honeymooners and Color Honeymooners and cannot get them to match.
            If I try ripping one again, maybe I can upload meta data and see if it works!

Comment

Working...
            X