DMS v2.0.2.0 Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.0 Arrow

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting the damn arrow cursor on my screen again? It makes the remote almost unusable and I have to restart the movie server. 1010 was the only version that it didn't happen on. Very maddening!

The only time I see a cursor/pointer is when I have the rf keypad turned on and I touch the scroll pad area, then the escape key makes it vanish. Do you have a keypad on yours? Does it just randomly pop up? What is the DMS doing when you see it?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It randomly pops up during a movie. If I try to pause it or anything during playback, it appears and makes the remote useless.I have to restart the server to get rid of it.

Comment

And it's getting worse, I have to restart the server after every movie I watch. This is so aggravating. I also don't know what the rf keypad is.
        Last edited by jimczyz; 01-26-2020, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimczyz View Post
          And it's getting worse, I have to restart the server after every movie I watch. This is so aggravating. I also don't know what the rf keypad is.
          try turning off the on screen keyboard in the settings menu
          and see if the cursor arrow still shows

Comment

It is a Bluetooth qwerty keyboard that works with the dms purchased on amz.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, I don't use a bluetooth keyboard and I turned the onscreen keyboard off in the settings. I'll test it later.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try turning off the on screen keyboard in the settings menu
                and see if the cursor arrow still shows
                So far so good. Thanks for the tip, hopefully it stays this day.

Comment

So everything I've tried has failed. Every movie I watch I end up with a cursor on my screen. I have yet again gone back to v1.0.1.0. to see how that goes. So far so good. This is crazy.

Comment

You're not the only one. This has been reported previously and several others had the same issue. I get the same problem without any kind of mouse or keyboard connected.

By chance a couple of days ago I discovered that one of the bottom right buttons on the remote control will toggle this cursor arrow on or off (the one below "Aspect Ratio"?). However, I haven't yet had the arrow cursor appear on its own since I made this "remote" discovery, so I can't be sure if this will fix this scenario as well, but worth a try.

Comment

My apologies - I might have been using my Egreat Remote control (the closest equivalent to the DVDFab remote control). The button above the blue one is labelled "Mouse" and it does indeed toggle between the Arrow cursor and normal mode. However, I'm fairly certain I was using the DVDFab remote when I discovered this, but now when I try it it scales the screen (as labelled). So there definitely is a "Mouse" mode for the cursor, so the question is why does DVDFab sometimes flip into that mode? It seems to happen more frequently after switching on the DMS and leaving it for a few minutes, but does also happen out of nowhere. I will post back if the Egreat remote turns off the arrow cursor when it next happens spontaneously. Not sure what help this will be, other than to confirm what is happening.

Comment

I've tried every button on the server remote and nothing ever made it go away. It has been doing this since after v1010.

Comment

I have noticed that the using the DMS remote will sometimes turn on my radio. Never bothered to verify the key, but it could be the Menu key? It does not happen often and I only have a few ISO's. So just guessing....

However, do have anyone near the DMS that plays PS4 etc. with Blue tooth controllers? I was driving my parents nuts several years back when I would use a remote controller! LOL
                          It is actually pretty funny looking back at it!

Comment

I may have found the problem. At least for me. I use a Harmony remote to handle everything I have. I stopped using it for the MS and have not had the arrow come back as of yet. It's been a week and I am very optimistic. Maybe one of Harmony's codes triggers it, I don't know.

Comment

Nevermind, just got the arrow of death again. No damn aggravating.

Comment

Working...
                              X