How to delete video list entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.0 How to delete video list entries

I have about 200 entries in the viedeo list from temporary folders, but I can't delete them.

Were they there before the update to v2020?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, those files camed from a USB device, I forgot to remove before the server scraped automatically. Since then i have them as movie. Actually I have no real movie in the list, may be it would be easier, if there is a way to delete all movies from the list, if you can me assign how to do.

Comment

I had the same thing from a usb drive attached to my tv. I had to rebuild library before they went away.

Comment

That's what I am afraid of to do, probably I 'll lose all manual edited info's on my movies .....

Comment

Originally posted by rmzh57 View Post
            That's what I am afraid of to do, probably I 'll lose all manual edited info's on my movies .....
            So you didn't have to do a rebuild of your library after installing V2.0.2.0? Mostly everybody else had too.

Comment

No, in this case I was lucky :-) !
              My library has about 300 movies, no (real) videos, no TV shows.

Comment

So the only way is to rebuild the library? .... :-(

Comment

Originally posted by rmzh57 View Post
                  So the only way is to rebuild the library? .... :-(
                  If you didn't have to rebuild the library on install, I would think you shouldn't have to do a rebuild to get rid of bogus temp files. I would try two things first.......Try -

'Clear Cache' then do an 'Update Library'. To see if that would work. (Clear Cache' is right under 'Clear Data' in advance settings.)

If that doesn't work........If you formatted your HDD under windows, take the HDD out of the DMS and attach your drive to a PC. Go to the drive where your movies are at on your PC, left click on the drive, go to 'Properties' do a 'Disk Cleanup', it should see those temp files and wipe just those off your drive.

Hope this helps for you without doing a rebuild.
                  Last edited by Down2Earth; 01-29-2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

If I understand the problem correctly, I have a solution (bear with me, this does work, and doesn't take as long as it sounds)

Problem - How to delete loads of files listed in the VIDEO section of the web browser, (or "DMS Videos" on the DMS), without rebuilding the library

This is also useful for files that won't scrape - to clear them from the VIDEOS section then prevent them from being found by the next scrape

1) In the DMS PC web browser, do a "Fix Match" and categorise them to a TV Series season that won't interfere with real matches eg Doctor Who, 1963, Season 30, Episode 1, 2, 3 etc (there is no Season 30 for Doctor Who, but you can still do this). This works even if the file doesn't exist. The file will no longer be listed under VIDEOS / DMS Videos

2) Repeat for each file. I recommend you match them all to the same series (different episode numbers).
                    This makes it easier when you clean up what we did in 1) above. (Windows users will find Ctrl C / Ctrl V useful to avoid re-typing the series name each time)

3) If the files exist and you don't want to delete them (ie you just want to get them out of the "VIDEOS" list), rename the file in eg Windows Explorer eg rename filename.iso as filenameX.iso. This will prevent step 4 deleting the files (because the file it tries to delete is now called something else).

While you're at it, consider adding an empty file called .nomedia (that's dot nomedia) to the directory containing the file (or one of its parent directories). This will prevent the scraper finding it again. If you have a mix of files you do and do not want scraped, create a subdirectory (eg nomedia - although the name is not important), move the files into it, together with the .nomedia file.

You can create this empty file using something like Windows Notepad - eg open notepad and save the empty file with any name, then rename it as .nomedia (not .nomedia.txt !). This can then be copied to your DMS.

4) In the DMS Web Browser, go to TV Shows and find the Series/Season you matched all your unwanted files to. Select and open the season then click on the Trash can icon (this is important - you want to delete the bogus season, not the whole series!). The selected season is deleted. If the files actually exist they will also be deleted if you didn't rename them in step 3.

5) If you renamed the files in step 3, you might want to reinstate their original filename

As a final step - if you're using USB drives (and in particular if using a USB Hub) - they are prone to being discovered with a different drive name, which can result in a double entry in the poster walls. Once you have a good scrape, consider adding a .nomedia file to the root of this directory structure. That way, the next time you re-boot the DMS and it finds it as a different drive, it won't be scraped again. This does not affect a previous good scrape - they'll still be in the poster walls. Naturally, if the reboot discovered your USB drive with the wrong name, you will still need to reboot the DMS again until it discovers the drive with the name referenced in the Poster wall, but you have prevented a double-scrape! Thankfully USB drive naming has become a bit more stable in the latest releases, but you still occasionally get this problem. You will of course have to delete the .nomedia file if you add more files that you do want scraped - just be careful the drive has been recognised correctly when you do remove .nomedia
                    Last edited by SaturnV; 01-29-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the long time to answer your suggestions......

@Down2earth: 'Clear Cache' didn't work and the disk was formatted with the movie server.

@SatrbV: This was the way I could solve my problem, thank you. It was just a peace of work to get rid of all theses entries.

Comment

Working...
                      X