V2020 and Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V2020 and Collections

I've been having problems with collections not showing up and I'm hoping the developers can help me through this.

I recently went from all ISO files to all MP4's to save storage space on the internal disk. After upgrading to V2020 I was getting 14 collections instead of the normal 100+.
    All my movies scanned with a couple a exceptions. Here is what I have tried.

I tried about 9 rebuilds with no change.

I thought I would manually add a few missing from a collection. They added fine. I created a custom collection and added a couple movies. This went fine.
    I did a rebuild and the create and adds I did disappeared. This is a huge problem as many of us had to do a rebuild after installing 2020. So any future
    version upgrades will remove any custom collections we create.

I downgraded to V1010 and all my collections returned.

I installed V2001 and all but 14 of my collections went away.
    I went into advanced settings under setup and cleared my DVDFAB data.
    All my movies showed up and 6 collections.

Installed V2020. Cleared DVDFAB data and have all my movies and 6 collections.

Thanks for any help.

I learned something a long time ago, when going from v1010 to any v2xxx, you have to clear all data in advanced setting and then rebuild your library. ting posted a how to awhile back. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-to-clean-data
    Last edited by jimczyz; 01-27-2020, 02:51 AM.

Comment

At one time the data clearing was automated during the update, not sure that is still true.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I did some additional testing. When I say it sees all movies its just a quick look.
        I removed the DMS internal disk. Performed a Advanced settings clear data. Installed my backup disk loaded with movies. powered up and did a rebuild.
        Saw all movies and had 39 collections. There should be around 140. Tried a couple more rebuilds. No change.

Took the original DMS internal disk and installed on my PC. Did a format. Copied all the movies back onto it. Removed the backup disk from the DMS and cleared data again.
        Installed the newly formatted disk with a fresh load of movies. Powered up. Had all movies and 37 collections(still no James Bond), did 3 rebuilds with no change.
        Added some movies to collections, did a rebuild and the adds were gone. This is going to be a major problem going forward if future upgrades require a rebuild.
        After further looking at my movies this may have been the worse scrapping I have seen in a while. Many duplicate posters for different movies in collections.
        4 of the same Harry Potter posters, 2 of the same I Spit on Your Grave, 2 of the same Hostel, 2 Gone Girls, 2 Free State of Jones, 2 of the same Carrie....ETC

I tried fixing some, did another rebuild and they reverted back to being duplicates

Comment

Understood, complete rebuilds should not be necessary, the devs will check it after the holiday. Thanks for the detailed feedback.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals,
            Yes the rebuilds should not be necessary but I think more importantly there needs to be a way to keep custom collections and updates to collections safe
            from a rebuild because rebuilds are going to happen for one reason or another. And to have a lot of hard work gone because of a rebuild would be terrible.

Comment

Signals,
              Back to my problem. After cleaning up my collections that the reload created I'm down to 23 of around 140 collections.
              What does the DMS look for to create collections? What could be wrong with my MP4 files or the NFO files that the DMS is not reading correctly?
              Most of my movies have NFO files except for the newest movies as DVDFAB does not create NFO files for the MP4's I've been making anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X