playback audio restricted to two channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Playback playback audio restricted to two channel

I listen to a lot of music using my movie server to play wav files. at present I can only play the files in multi channel usually 7.1 channel. Is there a setting on the movie server that can restrict the audio to 2 channel? or can this feature be accommodated in a future update?

Hi pacman, try using the red and white rca connectors on the back of the unit connected to an aux input on your amp/sound system. They should provide downmixed 2-channel stereo full time, regardless of other audio settings. The hdmi audio will still be present so if you want to watch a movie with multichannel sound just change the input selector back to hdmi first.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

G'Day signals. the wiring did not work as my receiver upgraded the left and right channels to 7.1 channels. however I have managed to wire up a second receiver that is 2 channel only.
      The movie server runs hot on both the hdmi cable for watching movies and for the rca left and right channels + video for listening to music simultaneously. I just need to change receivers depending on my need.Thanks for steering me in the right direction

Comment

Working...
      X