how to control server thru win10 pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to control server thru win10 pc

just installed server. It came without instructions and remote. I need steps in setup so all my other computers can access the server to add movies and to watch movies. I have 5 pc plus couple laptops and four tv's. help please in having all connected. I can not get my win10 pc to copy/paste movies already on harddrive into the server, How do I set up this pc to have total control of server to add to my movie list including delete of double movie files. right now i am trying to control server thru my pc
    help will be greatly appreciated

Try the steps laid out in post #9... Not sure what you mean by 'control'...as opposed to accessibility for the various pc's on your network.
    https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...l-copy-problem

Comment

manythanks for reply
      when my server arrived there was no instruction book and remote./ I did not find out about a remote until couple night ago during my research on using this server. "control" ,, several pc's need to be connected to server to view movies on rooms tv's, with one win10 desktop, adding and hopefully delete of several movies which got doubled . at this time I am figuring out on my own how to add .. I have reached out to fab and was told to use the form on my questions. they did send me a crdownload file that can't get opened.. anyway any help will be more then welcome. again manythanks

Comment

So your unit shipped without the remote control? I don't know that server can be used to serve up multiple movies to multiple displays throughout a home network, if there is a way to do that I don't about it. Sounds like you are talking about a PLEX server, which I have no experience with. Some posters here might though. Mapping a network drive as a source for playing content from on any given PC on a network though should be doable.

I have an Intel NUC (Windows 10 PC) integrated into my main entertainment center, I put KODI on it. I pointed it at the DMS movies folder and it read the contents of the folder and built a nice and surprisingly accurate poster wall. So I can watch movies from it if I choose to. It is on the same network switch as everything else that uses Ethernet(which is everything these days) that is part of the entertainment system.

Comment

If your unit arrived without a remote control, I suggest you contact customer support and have them ship you one . I don;t see any way to operate the server without one.

Meanwhile, I have had good results using one of the Logitech Harmony remotes to control the unit. Not perfect, but pretty good.

The MS is not designed to send out movie streams to multiple devices. It will output to the TV (or device) you have connected to it via the HDMI or Video out ports on the back. However, as Dead Eye suggests, you can access the data stored on the server's hard drive(s) from another streaming device or software if it is located on the same network.

Last edited by tbrown25; 03-17-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishinggonebad View Post
            manythanks for reply
            when my server arrived there was no instruction book and remote./ I did not find out about a remote until couple night ago during my research on using this server. "control" ,, several pc's need to be connected to server to view movies on rooms tv's, with one win10 desktop, adding and hopefully delete of several movies which got doubled . at this time I am figuring out on my own how to add .. I have reached out to fab and was told to use the form on my questions. they did send me a crdownload file that can't get opened.. anyway any help will be more then welcome. again manythanks
            according to this - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/things-ne...vie-server.htm
            the movie server does not stream to other devices or act as a PLEX server.

Comment

tbrown25 is correct, you will have little luck controlling or even using the DMS without a remote. The Support team is aware of the problem and are trying to find a new remote for you.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Another possibility is to use the phone app to control it. I have not tried that app myself, so I cannot comment on it's usefulness.

Comment

You can also grab a Harmony universal remote for the time being and it can be programmed to run the movie server. That's what I use.

Comment

Manythaanks for reply. My server arrived also with out any paper work, so my info is coming from google etc. I do know this does not work as a plex. We have been in contact with a fab agent who has been so helpfull , just fanastic in everyway.. a special Manythanks goes out to Ms "V".. Per her suggestion I have posted another questiond

Comment

Working...
                    X