Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Sign In to the Google Play Store

Hello all,

I have had my Movie Server for a couple of years now and I do like it aside from the problem that I can't sign in to the Google Play Store. I have spent hours trying to find a fix including all of the suggestions i could find here on the forum, upgrades, downgrades and uninstalling updates but so far nothing has worked. I have contacted support and they could not help me either so they suggested that I post my problem on the forum as I may have a better chance of finding a solution. I would really like to access the play store to install apps so any help would be appreciated!

I launch the Google Play Store and click Sign In and nothing happens but the button does look like it clicked.

I go into Advanced Settings, Accounts and try to add my Google account there but when I click on the Google Icon it just returns me to the Add Account screen.

Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have, I will try anything as I want this to work.

Just tried it, added an app from google play store with no problems. I am using v2.0.2.0. Make sure your network connection is good. You can report this using the Feedback button in Settings->About. Please add the log ID number to this thread.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by SomeDude View Post
      Hello all,

I have had my Movie Server for a couple of years now and I do like it aside from the problem that I can't sign in to the Google Play Store. I have spent hours trying to find a fix including all of the suggestions i could find here on the forum, upgrades, downgrades and uninstalling updates but so far nothing has worked. I have contacted support and they could not help me either so they suggested that I post my problem on the forum as I may have a better chance of finding a solution. I would really like to access the play store to install apps so any help would be appreciated!

I launch the Google Play Store and click Sign In and nothing happens but the button does look like it clicked.

I go into Advanced Settings, Accounts and try to add my Google account there but when I click on the Google Icon it just returns me to the Add Account screen.

Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have, I will try anything as I want this to work.
      have you tried to reinstall the Google Play Store app ??

Comment

Same here. I haven't had access to the playstore in many months.

Comment

Hello Signals,

Thank you for your reply. I am running v2.0.2.0 as well. My server is hardwired to a gigabit connection and I can browse the internet and read files on my PC from the server. It does seem like I have a connection problem but a connection to what? Is there a way I can test? I submitted the logs and provided the Log Number below. Thanks again for your help I am excited to get this working!

Log ID number = 7791175

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	uninstall updates.png Views:	0 Size:	169.8 KB ID:	380183

Please go to the setting window and perform "UNINSTALL UPDATES" for both Google Play Services and Google Play Store, after that run Google Play Store again, be sure the remote control is focused in "sign in", and press OK.

Comment

SomeDude and All, I was on wifi, I have 2 DMS and the one I tested has no Ethernet available. From what Mona posted above, their is apparently some version incompatibility with the google store app that may break it if updated. Try what she suggested about removing the update, the developers may have found something in the log you submitted.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hello Admin and Mona,

Although I have tried the uninstall 20 times I went through the process again. Here is what happens. I uninstall Updates and they uninstall successfully. Try to open Google Play Store and it will not open. I reboot the DMS and when it is back up I open the Google Play Store and the updates have automatically installed again. I disable Automatic Updates and uninstall them again. Now the Google Play Store will not open again. I reboot the DMS and when it is back up the updates remain uninstalled but the Google Play Store will not open. The Google Play Store is no longer listed in Advanced Settings, Apps yet the Icon remains in the Apps UI. What do we try next? Thanks for your help!

Log ID Number = 7797359

Comment

Originally posted by SomeDude View Post
                  Hello Admin and Mona,

Although I have tried the uninstall 20 times I went through the process again. Here is what happens. I uninstall Updates and they uninstall successfully. Try to open Google Play Store and it will not open. I reboot the DMS and when it is back up I open the Google Play Store and the updates have automatically installed again. I disable Automatic Updates and uninstall them again. Now the Google Play Store will not open again. I reboot the DMS and when it is back up the updates remain uninstalled but the Google Play Store will not open. The Google Play Store is no longer listed in Advanced Settings, Apps yet the Icon remains in the Apps UI. What do we try next? Thanks for your help!

Log ID Number = 7797359
                  go into the settings manu and select App Autostart set which apps can automatically run upon system startup
                  and see if you can get the google play store app to start upon system startup

Comment

Hello All,

Update, when I tried to access App Autostart (thank you for the suggestion ocotober262) I received the prompt below. When I clicked on debug it wanted to open an email client that I can't install. Also, I downloaded the DVDFab MS Remote and my Movie Server shows up as offline. Seems to be more than just some updates to uninstall! Please help, thanks!

Brevent-Error

EMail-Client

Comment

Hello All,

Another Update:

I tried to access YouTube today and received the following error. It is most likely related to my above problem. Please let me know what to try as I have not received any suggestions recently, thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-04-22-YouTube-Error-02-Crop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.4 KB ID:	380852

Log Number = 8029501

Comment

Regarding the Google Play Store sign in issue, please try again.

Please uninstall both Google Play Services / Google Play Store using the "UNINSTALL UPDATES" option.

If it still failed, it could be that Google play is running in the background when updating, thus got the problem you reported. In this case, google play will be killed and go back to the APP UI, please do below:

1. Perform "UNINSTALL UPDATES" for Google Play Services

2. Open Google Play Store, be sure that the remote is on “Sign In”, click on it to go ahead.

In our test, the above method worked. If you still have problem signing in, you may consider doing a factory reset.
                        Our staff will email you with a file regarding the factory reset. Please kindly check, thanks.

Comment

Hi Mona,

As stated before I have tried the Uninstall Updates many, many, many times I can't get it to fix my problem in fact it has caused more problems. I have also tried several Factory Resets which didn't help either but if you have a file that will make it like it came out of the box I am willing to try it. Please send me the file and I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help!

Greg

Comment

Hello,

I found a post from SaturnV who was having a similar problem to what I am experiencing and was able to fix it using DMS version 1.0.3.1. I would like to try the fix he suggested but I would need to get DMS version 1.0.3.1 to attempt the fix. Would it be possible for you to provide the versions listed below so I can replicate his process? Thanks for your help!

DMS version 1.0.3.1
                            DMS version 1.0.3.5

Link to the SaturnV post.

I raised this issue earlier on this forum, but have not had any reply or suggestions from DVDFab to fix this issue. In an effort to clear the problems I had after

Comment

Here is the download link for version 1.0.3.1: https://dl-dvdfab.s3.amazonaws.com/d...update1031.zip

Comment

Working...
                              X